Lowering a cobra

DAN MCGRAW

Guys/girls

Iam going to lower my car with H&R super sport springs. I am also going to install Bilstein shocks & struts . Do I have to get c/c plates also ? Will the wheel alignment be okay or do I need the c/c plates for the wheel alignment ? I am not going to get them if I don't have to . Money is starting to run out .

E. Green Cobra

Bounced in the 1st!
Established Member
some times ya need em, but sometimes ya don't I don't know how much of a drop the h&r springs will give ya but usually anything over 1 1/2inch ya need em for proper alignment. There are some cars out there that can run other aftermarket springs and don't need c/c plates. I never heard of the 00R's having c/c plates and they had about an inch and ahalf drop. I don't know if they had much different of a setup then a standard cobra.

White98SVT

Established Member
Originally posted by BIG DOG
Guys/girls

Iam going to lower my car with H&R super sport springs. I am also going to install Bilstein shocks & struts . Do I have to get c/c plates also ? Will the wheel alignment be okay or do I need the c/c plates for the wheel alignment ? I am not going to get them if I don't have to . Money is starting to run out .

If you're running the H&R Supersports, it's a safe assumption that you'll need them. That's just going by the guys that I know running them on their mustangs. But you could always wait and see, but then you have to tear down the front suspsension again to put them on.

GR8WHITE

The BIG FISH
Established Member
Steeda reccommends the use of a bump steer kit to prevent problems on lowered vehicles. This may eliminate the need for aftermarket C/C plates.

Although, myself I'd put them on. It gives you better adjustability on your suspension than the stock units. Plus they look awesome. Here's a link to the Steeda info I mentioned. Steeda Scroll down and look on the right for MAKING THE MUSTANG HANDLE. This is a large article that covers all the areas of driving. From street use to all out road racing/drag racing

PETSNKE

Established Member
I installed Bilteins last winter on my '97. Bilsteins are a stock length strut. Steeda plates have a different strut shaft spacer installation to compesate for stock length struts on a lowered vehicle. That alone I feel warrants their installation. It's really not alot of extra work since you'll have everthing apart anyway.

BTW, Tokicos are shorter and you could get away with the stock caster/camber plates if you bought those. But if you can afford them, Bilsteins are the way to go:D

97CasperCobra

Track is Crack
You will definately need C/C plates to get a "stock" alignment done. I have the Supersports and very few places can get my caster/camber to near "stock" specs. In short......get them.

Users who are viewing this thread