Lowering combo

ChuteboxeL03

Established Member
Anyone here run this setup iam thinking about going with it, just wondering if it will be to low in the front, and wat other things i will need to buy to go with the install. I want to do drop spindles and hotchkis springs in the front, and a 4 inch shackle/hanger kit in the rear. Iam still looking for the raked look, and would like to kno if i would get that with just the spindles or will that just level it off? Thanks, Gino.

FleeMan

Established Member
Premium Member
If your truck is a DD, you're going to hate driving it if its that low. Just go with the spindles up front and shackle hanger kit. I know a couple of people that have that setup and they like it.

ACSVT

1st Ford
Established Member
I have a slight bit of rake, not much at all with spindles and roush coils in the front, with hotchkis leafs and belltech shackles in the rear (three inch shackles).

It rode "cali style" until I put the spindles on, so I think the trucks need rake to make them drive right.

simshahh

Party2Go
Established Member
ACSVT said:
I have a slight bit of rake, not much at all with spindles and roush coils in the front, with hotchkis leafs and belltech shackles in the rear (three inch shackles).

It rode "cali style" until I put the spindles on, so I think the trucks need rake to make them drive right.
i love how low your truck is. looks awesome.

DexwarL

Established Member
I have the belltech 2" spindles with 1/2 coil cut up front,and 4" belltech shackles and 2" belltech hangers. My truck sits pretty level small rake in the back, but really low.

1). If you do just the spindles up front and 4" shackles and hangers in the back, the truck will sit way lower in the back.

2). If you do the spindles and hotchkis springs with 4" shackles and hangers truck will sit low but will look awesome.

3). If you want a rake just go with the 4" shackles in the back.

Last edited:

ChuteboxeL03

Established Member
DexwarL said:
I have the belltech 2" spindles with 1/2 coil cut up front,and 4" belltech shackles and 2" belltech hangers. My truck sits pretty level small rake in the back, but really low.

1). If you do just the spindles up front and 4" shackles and hangers in the back, the truck will sit way lower in the back.

2). If you do the spindles and hotchkis springs with 4" shackles and hangers truck will sit low but will look awesome.

3). If you want a rake just go with the 4" shackles in the back.

With setup #2 will i have to worry about where i drive, and bottoming out?

How do you get a rake by just putting 4" shackles in the rear?

ACSVT

1st Ford
Established Member
Yes you will have to worry where you drive. I have the same setup in the front with Roush springs, 2 inch lowering springs. With it being that low, you HAVE to watch out for curbs, and steep incline driveways, etc. You also run the risk of "high centering" the truck on a steep approach and steep decline situation....does that make sense?

You have to be careful if you are going that low, trust me. Thankfully the roads around here are good.

ACSVT

1st Ford
Established Member
Just to go by, here is my "rake" on my truck...not much but enough to keep weight on the front end making it drive better than excess weight on the back end...

Picture163.jpg

ChuteboxeL03

Established Member
Yes that makes perfect sence Andy, thanks for that. So you have a 4" drop in the front? if i did a spindle/spring iam looking for only 3" or so. is that possible.

ChuteboxeL03

Established Member
Hotchkis and Roush are the same thing?? I think iam just gonna do the spindles and 4" in the rear and see wat it looks like, and if i dont then ill put in the hotchkis springs. Thanks for the info though Andy.

stubbs

Established Member
I did the cut coil mod, and put jlps three inch shackles in the rear, and it cleared everything that deals with daily driving, and I loved the way it looked.

grayghost

Established Member
I run spindles up frnt w/ hotchkis springs and out back hotchkis leafs and 2inch drop shackles. I have a nice rake. I havent had any problems driving in PA at all and are roads are the worst. Just be careful.

Users who are viewing this thread