Lowering EXPERTS......

madpartz2000

Established Member
Alright guys, I have used the search button and read countless theads about lowering... My question is that I called today to order a 3/4 drop with springs ,hangers and shackles. The guy told me that I need to buy the lower control arms with the kit and if not, I will have alignment issues... With all of the threads that I have read it seems that some people have alignment issues and some don't.... All I am looking for is a decent kit, due to the fact that I drive the truck mainly on the weekends. What do you guys think???

Thanks, Tony

Last edited:

203Cree

Established Member
madpartz2000 said:
Alright guys, I have used the search button and read countless theads about lowering... My question is that I called today to order a 3/4 drop with springs ,hangers and shackles. The guy told me that I need to buy the lower control arms with the kit and if not, I will have alignment issues... With all of the threads that I have read it seems that some people have alignment issues and some don't.... All I am looking for is a decent kit, due to the fact that I drive the truck mainly on the weekends. What do you guys think???

Thanks, Tony

That guy is full of shit. Just get the camber bolts, you'll be fine. That's the same kit I run, no issues what so ever. There's several others in the same boat as well... :)

FleeMan

Established Member
Premium Member
+1. Im lower then most and all I needed was cam bolts and Im good to go. 6 months later and my alignment is still good.

smilinjack

Established Member
lowering issues

Hey guys, I am also trying to determine which lowering kit to use. Are you guys running at the track w/slicks? Are you using the lowering leaf springs or drop shackles and hangers? How about traction bars with these kits? Thanks, Jack

203Cree

Established Member
I'm running the same kit the OP was talking about. I've ran slicks, no problems other than my melted plugs and a shoddy Posi unit, but those aren't drop related problems, lol.

As for TBars, I use the Lakewoods.

madpartz2000

Established Member
Thanks guys.... I will not order from them... I am going to order from someone else. Again THANKS.....

MMCustomworks

Gauge Pod Whore
Established Member
He's not totally bs'ing you. I have lower control arms and do notice when I got to meets I am lower than guys running 3/4 beltech kits and have less camber. Which is better for front tire wear.

hyvltge

PSI
Established Member
smilinjack said:
So is everybody doing the shackles and hangers in the rear? Anybody doing any racing with the lowered leaf springs??

Road racing or quater mile, which are you looking for input on?

hyvltge

PSI
Established Member
There are guys out here running anywhere from mid 12's to bottom 11's in lowered L's so I wouldn't be too concerned with it.

smilinjack

Established Member
Still didn't answer my Q. Are the drag racers using lowering leaf springs or not? If they ARE what type TB's are they using with the LOWERING LEAF SPRINGS? Thanks.

bda1855

Member of the Boosted16
Established Member
Im running a 3/5 drop with JLP Long Bars for traction bars... use the Napa Cam Bolt Kit and get a good alignment... you will be fine...

as far as drag racing... if your worried about running the dropped hangers and shackles get a Panhard bar to solidly locate your axle...

im working on adding one soon.. but so far no issues launching what so ever... truck doesnt even shift while chirping the gears in 2 and 3rd... its really a solid setup...

PS save for QA1 shocks up front, and run some Strange in the back... you want to do it once and do it right... all the other shocks are short enough in the front...

ACSVT

1st Ford
Established Member
I guess since I drag race, you can consider me a "drag racer" and Hotchkis lowering leaf springs are what goes down the track with me.

crazy4ink

Extreme Ratchet Abuser
Established Member
I'm running Eibach coils up front, Eibach shackles and then I flipped my axle myself. Sits nice and low, aligns nicely and with a SUA setup, I get less axle wrap without traction bars.

hyvltge

PSI
Established Member
smilinjack said:
Still didn't answer my Q. Are the drag racers using lowering leaf springs or not? If they ARE what type TB's are they using with the LOWERING LEAF SPRINGS? Thanks.

YES they are using lowering leaf springs out here. WE use LONG BARS because they seem to HELP with keep the ride quality and provide GREAT TRACTION. Let me know if you have any other QUESTIONS. LOL

illness

Established Member
I have about 12K+ miles on my belltech 3/4 and my tires dont show any signs of more than normal wear on the inside.. and i got what looks to be abnormally bad neg. camber.. how much are the cam bolts from napa??part number??

Users who are viewing this thread