lowering my car. do i need caster camber plates?

mburns

Established Member
i plan on lowering my car with eibach sportline springs. they are supposed to lower the car 2 inches in the front and 1.8 inches in the back. do i need caster camber plates? or will i be okay without them?

superstang01

Established Member
i plan on lowering my car with eibach sportline springs. they are supposed to lower the car 2 inches in the front and 1.8 inches in the back. do i need caster camber plates? or will i be okay without them?

yes you will need them

DHG1078

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Established Member
Yes. with a small drop some people get lucky without them but with that big of a drop you will need them. Otherwise you will wear through the inside of your tire faster than you could imagine.

mburns

Established Member
thanks guys. just one more question. are all caster camber plates the same or is there a certain kind i should get?

jymboslice

Rookie
Established Member
thanks guys. just one more question. are all caster camber plates the same or is there a certain kind i should get?

Pretty much all the same but maximum motorsports and steeds stuff are what I'd look to buy. I have the 4 bolt steeda ones on my 2004 and upr(junk) ones on my 2000

blacksheep-1

Established Member
With steeda 2x ball joints you won't need them, that being said, they are available in a "kit" form from steeda. The thing is, now is the time to install them since if you do it later it will require another alignment. realistically nay lowering scheme in a new edge or sn 95 should require the 2x joints, bump steer kit and cc plates to make it all work. Once again here's the problem illustrated, which is one of roll center, not really (even thought it is part of the equation) alignment.

zEYtdY7l.jpg

AeonLawson

Nightmare
Established Member
I just loosened my stock camber plates, pulled them back away from the motor as far as they can go then tightened them back down. But for the best result just buy some CCP.

Users who are viewing this thread