Lowering question, do you think I will run into issues?

Grifftech

Established Member
I have decided I am going to hold off on going with new struts and shocks and just replace the springs for now.

But my concern is this, I really LOVE the drop on the FRPP "K" springs but my rear tires stick out past the fender maybe a 1/4" of an inch if that. I realize that I would have rubbing issues if the fender were to ever come down to the tires, but I figure I would have to really hit a bump pretty fast and hard to move it that far.

Looking at the car if I go with a 1.5" drop that will leave me with about 1.5" clearance, do you think that will be ok?

The only reason I ask is the "P" springs 1" drop doesn't seem worth the money to me. And my next choice would be the Steeda Ultralites at 1.2" front and 1.4" rear but they are about 80 bucks more.

Any input?

Thanks all,

Chris

grnenvy

Established Member
If your tires are sticking out and you hit a big dip in the road you will hit the quarter panels in the back. You need to fix the tires sticking out issue or you just need to lower the car a little. But if you put anything weight in the back of the car you may run into problems. You could also put a set of adjustible shocks in the rear that could fix your problem but then it rides like shit because you will have to run them set on stiff.
Good luck

Grifftech

Established Member
If your tires are sticking out and you hit a big dip in the road you will hit the quarter panels in the back. You need to fix the tires sticking out issue or you just need to lower the car a little. But if you put anything weight in the back of the car you may run into problems. You could also put a set of adjustible shocks in the rear that could fix your problem but then it rides like shit because you will have to run them set on stiff.
Good luck

Unfortunately only way I can fix the wheels sticking out is new rims with a different offset. Unfortunately there is no way in hell the wife lets that fly :) If the offset was just a bit less than the +38 they are it would be perfect. The fronts are fine, just the back. Such is life. I could get the fenders rolled possibly

MyStang2010GB

Established Member
Unfortunately only way I can fix the wheels sticking out is new rims with a different offset. Unfortunately there is no way in hell the wife lets that fly :) If the offset was just a bit less than the +38 they are it would be perfect. The fronts are fine, just the back. Such is life. I could get the fenders rolled possibly

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk I EU yoU

Users who are viewing this thread