Lowering springs for the IRS Cobra ...Help!

F8l Vnm

Established Member
Hey guys Just wanted to know what springs you went with and how much it lowered your 03 Cobra.
I was looking for a slight drop , defently not that low.
Who makes springs .
Pics would be appreciated also.
Thanks!

Cobra10thaniv

Established Member
sounds like the steeda springs are the best to keep you from that overlow look. Also you can get away from the CC plates

You have to ask for the 03/04 springs though they list 99-04 but that isnt the spring. They will drop about 1.25

You have to be very specific because they keep trying to seel off the old springs the newones are wound differnt so you dont get allot of drop. The 03 is heavy in the front as compared to the 99/01 hope this helps if your not looking for the larger drops out there. This is the lightest drop spring I came across.

Black306

Established Member
Originally posted by SSlow 01

I was looking for a slight drop , defently not that low.
Exactly what I was looking for in springs. I ended up getting 2 sets: Motorsport C springs for the front and Motorsport J springs for the rear. just right, IMO. Not too low, not too high, rides like stock.

05.jpg

cobra_side.jpg

loose nut

Sofa King Fast
Established Member
Eibach...just be sure you don't tighten the link pivot bolts with the suspension in droop...that will pre-load the bushings and screw up the stance. Tighten everything when the car is on the ground (full weight on suspension). :beer:

03'Darin

Established Member
Originally posted by loose nut
Eibach...just be sure you don't tighten the link pivot bolts with the suspension in droop...that will pre-load the bushings and screw up the stance. Tighten everything when the car is on the ground (full weight on suspension). :beer:

What are the link pivot bolts?:shrug:

Darin

loose nut

Sofa King Fast
Established Member
Originally posted by 03'Darin

What are the link pivot bolts?:shrug:

Sorry, I could have been more discriptive. I was referring to any of the suspension pivot points (lower control arm to frame attaching points for example). The bolts that pass through these points should not be tightened when the suspension is in droop (wheels off the ground while on hoist or jack stands)....this will pre-load the bushings and give a higher ride height than desired. They should be tightened when the car is "on the ground" supporting itself by its own weight (ride height).
:beer:

03yllwguy

Daily driven since 2003
Established Member
Hey all, how was the installation on the rear, the solid axle is a breeze to lower but I've hear horror stories on the IRS???

03'Darin

Established Member
Originally posted by loose nut
Sorry, I could have been more discriptive. I was referring to any of the suspension pivot points (lower control arm to frame attaching points for example). The bolts that pass through these points should not be tightened when the suspension is in droop (wheels off the ground while on hoist or jack stands)....this will pre-load the bushings and give a higher ride height than desired. They should be tightened when the car is "on the ground" supporting itself by its own weight (ride height).
:beer:

Hmmmmm......I didn't do that when I installed the MM irs bushings or the Eibachs. Maybe I'll have to loosen and re-tighten them.:dw:

Darin

F8l Vnm

Established Member
Thanks guys .
The lower look always looks cool.
But after my 01 gt and 01 SS being slammed and with long tubes I didnt want this car to be that low .
I just hate going over bumps really really slow ..
The guys who posted pics , Killer lookin cobras!:beer:

Users who are viewing this thread