Lowering Springs With No Rake

zw470

Established Member
As the title suggests, I'm looking for lowering springs that will provide a drop leaving the car with NO rake and even wheel-gap front to rear. The H&R SuperSports seem to meet this requirement, but I think their drop will be too extreme with my 275/40r19 tires and 19x9.5+35 SVE Drifts. I'm going to stick with stock-struts for now, possibly upgrading later depending on how good/bad it rides. The H&R Sport springs could work, however I can't seem to find any pictures of them installed other than a tiny customer submitted pic on LMR. I'm thinking to achieve this the rear drop needs to be around .6-.7" lower than the front drop.

Thoughts?

03Sssnake

TK-421
Established Member
With body lines of the car its going visually appear as if the back sags without any rake. I run koni str.t struts that have a lower spring perch, gives the car a slight rake on BMR drag springs. Anyways thats just my opinion

Bgoins

Established Member

zw470

Established Member
I'm pretty sure I have too much front tire to run something that low. If I had 275/35s I'd be fine but my 275/40s are just too tall.

I ended up going with the Eibach Pro-Kits. I finally found pics of someone running them with stock struts and the same wheel/tire setup as me and it looks pretty damn good.

Bgoins

Established Member
I'm pretty sure I have too much front tire to run something that low. If I had 275/35s I'd be fine but my 275/40s are just too tall.

I ended up going with the Eibach Pro-Kits. I finally found pics of someone running them with stock struts and the same wheel/tire setup as me and it looks pretty damn good.

Cool! Let us know how it looks/rides/drives once u get them on.

nate714

Established Member

I'm a happy customer with the Eibach pro-kit and koni str.t.

I think the front gap is spot on perfect, however my rear 275/40/18 invos are noticeably shorter than stock tire diameter so the rear gap is less than ideal. After I run these bald I'll probably get some 295/45/18 NT05 street tires.

http://i864.photobucket.com/albums/ab201/natecab/20160206_160413_zpsizgojmzb.jpg

noldevin

Established Member
OP, I run 275/40s with a 1.5 drop up front. They are pretty stiff though, BMR handling springs. I have never rubbed or had any issues with fitment.

Users who are viewing this thread