Lowering Springs

ZZYZXXXX

Established Member
I am at a cross road right now...do I go for Steeda lowering springs or do I go for Eibach? Also, which CC plates do I get, I see there are 3 bolt and 4 bolt? I have a 99 Cobra convertible. I just got into Fords, so not sure which to opt for. Thanks for any help you can give me. :??:

blksvtCOBRA714

Established Member
hey I dont have a 99-01 cobra but i do have an 03 and I went with the steeda sport springs and I love the stance, I opted not to get cc plates and haven't had any problems, the springs have been on for about 6 months now.

SVTbaby

Established Member
steeda springs

i have the steeda sport springs on my old cobra, and i love them. very satisfied! but on my newer cobra i put ford racing lowering springs, and im not so satisified about these guys. i was told not to get eibach cause their like the common folk springs, used all the time, nothing special...

i was thinking about getting newer springs for my 01 cobra again, i dont think it was low enough for me, or maybe i shouldve just tried to cut them...

anywhoo, id go with the steedas. i didnt have any discrepancies with those ones, they were very nice... easy to break in..

:thumbsup:

99COBRA2881

Piss on Fox Sports1
Established Member
Ive never bought the Ford Racing springs but have read numerous times that theyre reboxed Eibachs.

Go with H&R either the sport or race. You like a weekend car thats just lower get the sports. You want your car transformed into a better handling capable car get the Race springs with Bilstein HDs.

You have a 'vert your first mod should be full length subframe connectors. I drove my sister in laws 99 vert a few weeks ago, hit a bump and I swear the car felt like it went 10 different directions under me. Full length subframes. Period.

carnut726

Established Member
I have steeda caster cambers and an eibach pro kit,,,,,, they are not low enough, you will want lower guarenteed only a 1.25 drop with isos in. but the ride is great.
The Steeda CCPlates i have must be ok they work perfectly and the alignment guy was happy to see them, i dont know why but he thought they were really good. only problem is that they are NOT for show. not chrome just zinc. I dont think steeda has a show set.

OzzDOA

E-Green and Mean!
Established Member
The Steedas are a better spring than the Eibachs. IMHO the Eibachs ride much harsher. Very happy with the Steedas. I took out the iso's and love the stance. Did not need CC plates to get my alignment correct.

RoyWoods

Established Member
As far as CC plates, get the MM ones. They are a very high quality product, as most of the MM stuff is, and they are 4-bolt plates.

yeller1

Established Member
What, am I the only person to install Vogtland strings? Anyways, there great, lowered it 1.5" all around and are cheaper than all the others. Don't let the low price fool you, quality stuff. I've used them on other mustangs with the same great result. Also, no problem what so ever with the alignment.:)

Sea Pony

Workin'! Woot!
Established Member
I have the Eibach Pro Kit and I like it...but

I will be switching to the Steeda Suspension pack stuff later.

Un4GivN

QuenchMyThirstw/Gasoline
Established Member
That is what I did and I am very happy.. If I was auto crossing and racing I would have got one of the other spings but for just driving around cut springs are the way to go..

I do believe that's my next mod.. anyone want some H&Rs? lol

cobraracer46

Banned
I am at a cross road right now...do I go for Steeda lowering springs or do I go for Eibach? Also, which CC plates do I get, I see there are 3 bolt and 4 bolt? I have a 99 Cobra convertible. I just got into Fords, so not sure which to opt for. Thanks for any help you can give me. :??:
I went with the Eibach springs on my Cobra and the car looks perfect: not to high and not slammed. I also installed the Eibach sway bar kit along with Bilstien HD shocks, Steeda offset front urethane control arm bushings, Steeda X2 extended front ball joints, MM camber plates, MM aluminum rack bushings, MM steering shaft and I am very happy with the results.

One thing to note is that stiffer springs on a convertible will make the chassis feel more loose, so subframe connectors must be installed and since you have a convertible, I highly recommend installing the full frame kit from Griggs Racing. I would also take things further by adding a roll bar to stiffen up the convertible even more and once again, Griggs has the best weld in Convertible roll bar available. Stay away from The Autopower bolt on roll bars and the light bars that every one goes with, because they mount to non critical areas of the chassis and are absolute garbage.

1989CobraMakeOv

mustangoholic
Established Member
I went with the Eibach springs on my Cobra and the car looks perfect: not to high and not slammed. I also installed the Eibach sway bar kit along with Bilstien HD shocks, Steeda offset front urethane control arm bushings, Steeda X2 extended front ball joints, MM camber plates, MM aluminum rack bushings, MM steering shaft and I am very happy with the results.

One thing to note is that stiffer springs on a convertible will make the chassis feel more loose, so subframe connectors must be installed and since you have a convertible, I highly recommend installing the full frame kit from Griggs Racing. I would also take things further by adding a roll bar to stiffen up the convertible even more and once again, Griggs has the best weld in Convertible roll bar available. Stay away from The Autopower bolt on roll bars and the light bars that every one goes with, because they mount to non critical areas of the chassis and are absolute garbage.[/QUOTE]

Well, for those vert owners who don't want their cars looking like "absolute garbage," I think the light bar is the way to go. . . .

ZZYZXXXX

Established Member
Well, for those vert owners who don't want their cars looking like "absolute garbage," I think the light bar is the way to go. . . .[/QUOTE]

Have to agree there...

Users who are viewing this thread