Lowering the rear

99bolt

Build# 1464
Established Member
I have the FRPP kit installed on my truck which should be 1"/2" but looks way more then 1" in the front. It's lower in the front because I took out the stock spring spacers and it looks like that gave me an extra 1" in the front, if not more. The rear sits too high and I want to level it out.

What would be the better way to go, 4" shackles on the 3" setting OR 1"-2" adjustable hangers to go with my FRPP 2" shackles for a 3" drop?
And will QA1s (MU7855P) work for this kinda of drop?

TIA

AZ ERIK

22's & a Whipple 4 shizzl
Established Member
The 4 inchers will only give a 3 inch drop. To get a 4 inch drop you'll have to do what I'm doing and do Hanger and Shackles. The hangers are a complete and total pain in the ass. Usually easier if the bed comes off. My 1 inch shackles leveled the back when the front was stock. The hangers will level it with the Eibach 1.5 inch drop on the front. Here are compairison pics.
compair.sized.jpg

Stock front with 2 inch shackles in the rear on the left. Eibach 1.5/1.75 front springs and those same shackles on the right. I need another 1.5 to 2 inch drop hence the hangers and shock extenders.

99bolt

Build# 1464
Established Member
So 4" shackles on the lowest setting give a 3" drop?
Would it be better to go with hotchkis leafs and would that allow me to adjust the height using my current 2" shackles until it levels out? :shrug:

NITRO PASS

Speed addict
Established Member
i have ground force springs in front 1.5" drop and hangars and shackles in back 4" drop---no pics yet, but it leveled out great and looks sharp, ride is great. installed myself in garage.

jdm99svt

jdm99svt
Established Member
Robb327 said:
I have 2in shackles and hotchkis leafs 2.5 drop and my truck is level.

hey man do the hotchkis leafs do anything to the rear as far as axle wrap etc.........i'm interested in a set but fear they are to "soft" to control the rear axle motion..........let me know how they work for you please

ronnie

Will work for Truck Parts
Established Member
Running the Hotchkis leafs with 2" drop shackles and the truck is fine. I do have the JLP 54" bars on there with QA-1's and shock extenders. So far to date, I have got a 1.56 60' time off that set up.

OH-MAN

Established Member
jdm99svt said:
hey man do the hotchkis leafs do anything to the rear as far as axle wrap etc.........i'm interested in a set but fear they are to "soft" to control the rear axle motion..........let me know how they work for you please

They are a higher spring rate than stock.
However I would not rely on them to control axel wrap.
Traction bars are the only way I would try to control it.
I tried the truck tracks I had with the Hotchkis springs they pulled up the recurved lower leaf to the others and made the ride too stiff.
Long bars are on there now and work well.
Best of luck on it.

Robb327

HP Junkie
Established Member
ronnie said:
Running the Hotchkis leafs with 2" drop shackles and the truck is fine. I do have the JLP 54" bars on there with QA-1's and shock extenders. So far to date, I have got a 1.56 60' time off that set up.

Same setup and have had no problems,rides great as far as 60' times 1.61 is my best to date.

Users who are viewing this thread