lowering ?

95 thunder

Established Member
hey guys, did a search and came up with some info, and sorry for question asked many times proably, bottom line looking to lower my gen 1 (i have the 2 inch shackle deal now) i like the more level look, but looking for something a bit more aggressive looking,(not slammed or and thing ridiculous, just the tires kinda tucked just a bit in the fender wells alittle, if u know what i mean) basically maybe another inch or two in rear and front...what's the best out there and the con's (handling, got to change shocks, alignment issues etc..) i am pretty green when it comes to this and trying to make a good move and not one i regret(also looking to keep stock rims/tires)....i did some searching over nloc, but it's all kinda running together and i am getting a bit confused...if someone could break it down. approx. cost and do's and donts i appreciate it....thanks in advance

ezernut9mm

CHAINED BLUE LIGHTNING!
Established Member
you can go 1.3" in the front with srpings, but anything lower will need i-beams and that shit is expensive. they look awsome when that low though.

8 YUR SS

Established Member
yes, lowering your truck is the way to go. Both of these trucks have lowering beams.
Images hosted by National Lightning Owners Club Member Galleries

32313-1228-17596.jpg

32313-1228-20233.jpg

View all images from this gallery

95 thunder

Established Member
thanks fellas, and "8 yur ss", i contacted u over on nloc before i put here (pm) appreciate response's(there and here) and help.....

Soul Rebel

Tryin to get DIESEL!!!
Established Member
If your on a budget, you might not want to go 3/4 as it is quite expensive and some have had trouble with it. Some say a C-notch (PITA) is necessary, others don't for ride quality. I'm pretty sure that if you run the 3/4 drop with stock size tires you will rub some. Just my 2 cents.

Users who are viewing this thread