Lowest Price GT?

TexasGT

Established Member
The control arm recall may be confusing the issue, but it feels like GT prices are starting to fall.

Ebay numbers seem to be stalling below $220, except for Tuesday’s White w/Blue in New Orleans that went from $205 to $227 in the last hour, but it was a "Private Auction" so you can’t tell who was doing the bidding.

Anyone out there bought one? I know that a Red w/White, All Options sold for $227 in Austin back in December. I want one BAD, but I really don’t want to pay $220 only to have them fall to $175 in a few months. Is Ebay the most active sales vehicle? Anyone know of a car available?

Thanks for any input.

50 BMG

Socialpath media
Established Member
I think Lou Grubb Ford in Scottsdale AZ still has a red w/ white stripes they have been trying to peddle for months now.

Mostly cause they claimed it was one of the first 50 built when the last 3 #'s on the vin are 108 :loser: They had this letter all typed up supposedly from Ford about how the "factory" put 40 test miles on the car to make sure everything was OK because it was one of the 1st 50 made. In reality, the owner of the dealership drove the car then traded it back to the dealership when they got their white one in about 3 weeks later, which I've now seen twice on the streets of snottsdale. I watched them turn down just over 160,000 in cash right on the floor for the car. Tards

gotta love these Ford dealers...

My old man was @ pioneer ford watching the black GT that went to Tuscon come off the truck. He had to show the sales manager how to open the cars doors :nonono:

DAVESVT2000

Established Member
Just got my Jan. 24 issue of Autoweek, and there is a red one in the classified ads for $234,900 Private sale in florida.

Last edited:

tommygun

Established Member
I would pay cash if I could find a dealer to sell me one at Aplan pricing

131K + or - a few dollars

DBK

Re-retired
Established Member
50 BMG said:
Mostly cause they claimed it was one of the first 50 built when the last 3 #'s on the vin are 108 :loser:
gotta love these Ford dealers...

The GT's were not built sequentially according to VIN. I know several owners with VIN's in the teens that got their cars just recently. It very well may have been one of the first 50 built.

TexasGT

Established Member
VIN's

The DBK said:
The GT's were not built sequentially according to VIN. I know several owners with VIN's in the teens that got their cars just recently. It very well may have been one of the first 50 built.

I've been told that the VIN's are sequential, but the first 10 were test mules. Production Sequence = VIN - 10?? McComb in San Antonio had VIN 722 on EBay, but I think they just had a VIN, and hadn't yet received the car.

DBK

Re-retired
Established Member
TexasGT said:
I've been told that the VIN's are sequential, but the first 10 were test mules. Production Sequence = VIN - 10?? McComb in San Antonio had VIN 722 on EBay, but I think they just had a VIN, and hadn't yet received the car.

All I can tell you is that they have the cars in various stages of production and the VIN doesn't necessarily mean that car "049" was built and delivered 49th. I'm not sure what the rhyme or reason behind the completion and delivery is of an individual VIN. Currently, between the delivered cars and cars at various points of assembly, there are ~400 GT's.

I think cars as high as 190 had been built when I was at SSV in September, when very few cars had been delivered. I got to go on this private tour thing and that's what the guy told the 4 of us that were there.

Additionally, several of the Ford employees that purchased the car had VINs assigned in the teens and didn't receive their cars until after quite a few public buyers had their cars.

Last edited:

50 BMG

Socialpath media
Established Member
The only reason I said that was because almost everyone who advertises what # GT they have.. it seems to match the last 3 #'s of the vin.

Seems like the whole 65 shelby thing. # 3 is really the first one built but its tagged as #3 and accepted in the community as # 3.

cobra_4

#PITS
Established Member
My dad has been looking into one and the lowest he has found is 230. Which is still :bs: . One dealer wanted 275 for theres and needless to say they have had it for a while. I'd love to find one for around 150-175 range.

TexasGT

Established Member
50 BMG said:
Another one was sold in the 180's again on Ebay on the 29th of January.

Do you have any details? Did it actually sell or did the auction just end? Had you seen one before sell in the 180's???

Thanks!

50 BMG

Socialpath media
Established Member
One sold in the 180's on Jan 16th, and another in the 180's on the 29th.

Run a completed auction Ebay search for details. They were winning bids and the cars are sold.

EDIT: And to answer a question in your 1st post, Ebay is the most active market I've seen for the GT.

If you are serious about buying one, wait 4 months then compare to current prices.

Last edited:

TexasGT

Established Member
Wow! I didn't know Ebay had a completed auction search. Fascinating to see how few of these "fishing trips" resulted in sales. Thank you!

I see where VIN 0990 promised as "Early March" sold for $187,600.00 on Jan 29th from San Jose. I did not find the one from Jan 16th.

I suppose after 2+ years of waiting, I'll make it through a few more months.

50 BMG said:
One sold in the 180's on Jan 16th, and another in the 180's on the 29th.

Run a completed auction Ebay search for details. They were winning bids and the cars are sold.

EDIT: And to answer a question in your 1st post, Ebay is the most active market I've seen for the GT.

If you are serious about buying one, wait 4 months then compare to current prices.

1995COBRA-R

20 Year Member
Established Member
Premium Member
TexasGT said:
I see where VIN 0990 promised as "Early March" sold for $187,600.00 on Jan 29th from San Jose.

I just saw that also. It sold for $35K over MSRP.

I say they will be at MSRP before the year is over.

Users who are viewing this thread