Lowest stock dyno yet! 299whp/309wtq

DivineStrike

Established Member
Lowest stock GT dyno yet! 299whp/309wtq

15 Magnetic Mustang PP GT

Here is the graph. It was with 93 on a Mustang dyno at 60 degrees ambient. In comparison in 2009 when I dyno'd my GTI, it dyno'd at 233whp/280wtq at the same location but at 50 degrees ambient. Oh yea and 1,550 miles.

Go ahead and discuss lol.

I know the numbers are low. However what concerns me is the hp/tq curve is much different than what i've seen in other dyno's. I will be going to a dyno jet just to compare and see if it gets more "normal" numbers. I asked them to do a wideband however they forgot. Good thing since the place with the dynojet includes it and doesn't give price without it.

Also hp falls off before 6500 as well as 5th gear tops out at 142 when it hits the rpm limiter
shrug.gif
I also can't get the track app 0-60 to complete without a shift to third gear.

They did runs in both 4th and 5th. The hp pretty much stayed the same. I think the graph is of a 5th gear pull but I am unsure, it could be a 4th gear.

attachment.php

Last edited:

DivineStrike

Established Member
haha, 6th gear. Nah I was there it was both 4th and 5th. That would be an interesting dyno though...ya know spinning the wheels to 220mph or whatever 6th theoretically tops out at.

VNMOUS1

Established Member
haha, 6th gear. Nah I was there it was both 4th and 5th. That would be an interesting dyno though...ya know spinning the wheels to 220mph or whatever 6th theoretically tops out at.

You don't need "wideband". Just datalog it. The on board wideband will give you all the a/f data you need and then some.
bj

DivineStrike

Established Member
I don't have any equipment. How would I go about datalogging it? I'm definitely going to get it dyno'd at a regular dyno jet just to be sure it's not the Mustang Dyno shop being odd.

13 RaceRed 5.0

Established Member
OP:

a) Immediately go to another dyno and get your car tested again
b) Immediately go to a dealer for a full check up if you get the same results

DivineStrike

Established Member
OP:

a) Immediately go to another dyno and get your car tested again
b) Immediately go to a dealer for a full check up if you get the same results

Yea that's what I'm trying to do. However the shop I called didn't any openings till Wednesday. So I will have to wait till next Monday as I am traveling to Hawaii for a few days.

dmichaels

Established Member
wow that does seem very low, hope it's just an issue with the dyno, it's also a bit strange that the torque is higher than the HP

SID297

OWNER/ADMIN
Administrator
Also, without datalogging you have no idea what the ECU was doing. It could have very easily went into cat protection mode.

Ubergeist

Established Member
Wow, surprising.

If it makes you feel better, my 2006 Mazaspeed6 with a catback put down 225whp on a mustang dyno, and my 2001 CLK55, bone stock put down 263whp :)

manolith

I Wanna go fast.
Established Member
What I would do.. forget about dynos. Go to the track and look for a 111-112 mph trap speed. If the traps are there I would go home drink a beer and think about what to do to go faster and that 435hp are just not enough.

DivineStrike

Established Member
Yea a drag strip is next if the next dyno doesn't show anything more normal. I will try to datalog my dyno if I can.

I did a couple test runs with the track app and my trap speed was 107. That was not giving it a hard launch to make sure I didn't get any wheel spin. No missed shifts

Users who are viewing this thread