LS-1 Motorsports 3" Exhaust

toofast4u

Versatilist
Established Member
I just finished installing my new exhaust system from LS-1 Motorsports. Overall the installation was easy other then the damn bolts connecting the stock H-Pipe to the Manifolds. I couldn't break them free to save my life and thought I was about to break the socket. I hit them with WD-40 and let them sit for 10 minutes then they came of cake. The passenger lower will require a swivel attachment on your ratchet. The pipes and mufflers looked great and solid. The clamps were awesome I have never used or seen exhaust clamps like this but they worked great and looked very sturdy. My old system had the U-bolt clamps so after you installed them changing was a PIA with this after I tightened them down I wanted to change something backed them back off and there was no problem. I purchased the cat'd system, but couldn't get the cats to install they are what appears to be 1 " to long this might best be fixed with a sawza. Luckily I already had purchased MIL eliminators so I just installed the O/R tubes instead of the cats. Other then the cats it went in easy and is very solid. I did this on the jack stands and had very little problem.

toofast4u

Versatilist
Established Member
And what everybody has been waiting for sound. This was done on my Dell C600 so the sound quality really sucks, but this is the best I can do.

Exhaust

toofast4u

Versatilist
Established Member
Originally posted by NetworkingGuru
Too Fast, that is F'n sweet looking :) Are those 4" tips? Were you a GP guy?

Yes and yes. I think the 4" tips look good I just think I might see if I can move them up some.

toofast4u

Versatilist
Established Member
Here is coleman's kit un-installed.

attachment.php

toofast4u

Versatilist
Established Member
I just drove some around town to burn it in some. I really suck at describing feelings, but will try my best. It has a really different sound. The lug at low speeds is pretty cool and very apparent, kind of sounds like a fast cam’d car. The best is when it goes to idle it is almost silent, seriously I was at a stop light next to another guy and when the light changed and I accelerated and the change from silent to mean was instantaneous and I think the guy wet himself. It does have an undesirable sound that comes sometimes under partial slow acceleration sounds kind of like a tin can rattling sound to me. Cruising at 1.5-2K sounded as quite as stock. I didn't notice any drone. This sounds it is making now will most likely change over the next day or so.

I use to drive a 95 Cobra modified which had a pacesetter off-road H-pipe and 2-Chamber flowmasters and this car is no where near as load to me. Also the sound is not annoying at speed or as sharp.

I tried to stop by Edz twice so that he could give a better description, but he wasn't home yet.

toofast4u

Versatilist
Established Member
Originally posted by haskett
Sounds loud. :) Does it drone at any speeds ?

It really is not that loud to me, but it is definitely getting more peoples attention then before. I did not notice any drone.

Trader

Established Member
I think i found my exhaust system! Now to find out which headers to get. I hope those pair up with the jdm or hookers.

Rob Raymer

Established Member
Glad you like it. I checked with the bender about the cat fit problem. They doublechecked their mock up system on a car, and found the cats to fit perfectly. They said that they could have possibly not swedged the exhaust pipe enough on your system, which means that the cats wouldn't slide in far enough. If that is the case, you could cut about 3/4-1" of pipe off the lead pipes.

Hopefully, this is an isolated incident.

Also, they think they MAY have left two clamps out of each system. So just in case, we are having them ship two extra clamps to everyone who bought the cat-back. They will ship out tomorrow, and everyone should have them within 2-3 days.

I apologize for the inconvenience. But these things sometimes happen with first run parts. Just ask Ford...;)

Thanks again.

kom

Established Member
I got mine today. Looks great.. Haven't had time to install it yet. Maybe next week. Only problem I see now is what to tell the wife when she says "Honey, why does your car sound so different?". I figure I'll use - "Oh.. I took the mufflers off because it was too quiet." Hopefully that should work. She doesn't understand taking a new car apart and changing it....

Users who are viewing this thread