LS1 engine builder help plz...

BLUBLLS

Hi all. I was wondering if anybody could list some good shops for building LS1/LS2's. I'm planning on putting one into my daily driver. Thanks for any help :beer:

Smokey1226

Dirrty North
Established Member
+1 for the Texas Speed guys...they are awesome!!

But my advice would be get a forged 408...spray a 200 shot and you wont lose!

BLUBLLS

Smokey1226 said:
+1 for the Texas Speed guys...they are awesome!!

But my advice would be get a forged 408...spray a 200 shot and you wont lose!

It's for my 93 Full-size blazer :-D Don't think I'll be spraying it. Just heads and a cam being the major mods

Matts00GT

Mongoloid Mike
Established Member
They have the best prices on H/C combos that I have seen so that seems to be the perfect place for you. They are also a sponsor on ls1tech.com. You can give them a call/email/pm and they usually get back to you in a day or two.

BLUBLLS

Matts00GT said:
They have the best prices on H/C combos that I have seen so that seems to be the perfect place for you. They are also a sponsor on ls1tech.com. You can give them a call/email/pm and they usually get back to you in a day or two.

Again Matt thanks for the help! I see you ride. I have an 04 10r myself

Matts00GT

Mongoloid Mike
Established Member
Yes sir. Had an 01 SV650S with full fairings and now have the R6. I also have an 03 YZ250 and used to have an 00 CR125. Been riding all my life.

The only reason I knew about texas speed is because more than likely, I will have a GTO in the next week. I've been doing a good bit of research and they seem very reputable and have good prices.

Smokey1226

Dirrty North
Established Member
+1 for rideing...i just was playing around today with my 03 yz125. Tons of fun...but im ordering my Pro Taper Raiser to go with my bars. Im 6'4" and standing up on a stock setup is hard.

Anyways im trying to find an 05 black 636......if you guys see one with low miles let me know.

Matts00GT

Mongoloid Mike
Established Member
I'm 6'4 also. Eh, I didnt like the 6r. It felt uncomfortable to me. The midrange is great on them though. That extra 36s cc's is really noticeable in that aspect, but I bleed yamaha blue. Eventually, I'd like to pick up an R1, but not anytime soon. I'll turn the 6 into a track whore.

BLUBLLS

Smokey1226 said:
+1 for rideing...i just was playing around today with my 03 yz125. Tons of fun...but im ordering my Pro Taper Raiser to go with my bars. Im 6'4" and standing up on a stock setup is hard.

Anyways im trying to find an 05 black 636......if you guys see one with low miles let me know.

How much you looking to spend?

Users who are viewing this thread