LS1 Mustang!!!

FirehawkNS

Established Member
ls1mustangb.jpg

One of our sponsers on LS1.com took on this neat project to put in a LS1 in a 96 mustang. He has a total of 3k in the car!!!

What do you guys think!!

Original Thread!!!
http://www.ls1.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=462771

MTI LS1

I don't know, I guess that its cool because I've never seen that done before. Other than that an LS1 should not be put in a Mustang.

FirehawkNS

Established Member
Originally posted by BigZach
Other than that an LS1 should not be put in a Mustang.

But it actually makes a mustang seem appealing!!! :-D J/K

It reminded me of the time Travis (venomoussvt) and I were at the beach for a car show about 4 years ago and there was a SN95 body style (originally a v6), that the guy had replaced the v6 for a Carburated built V8 (can't remember the exact specs, Travis might). That thing was sweet as hell!!! It would have been a great sleeper for anyone that didn't know what a obviously cammed V8 sounded like!!! You know....The Ricers!!! :-D

Alex_96Cobra

Cant Sleep-Clown'l eat me
Established Member
LS1 puts out more umph that the stock 4.6 2V'er- no doubt.

Takes creativity and killer mechanical apptitude to pull that off.

But it makes me think of a Simpsons episode where Bart was taking "Focusin" and the doctors are showing them all around the lab where they make the drug. They cut away to a parrot in the corner that had been crossed with an Octopus and it says "squaack, Polly shouldnt be, Polly shouldnt be"

Yeah it reminds me of that. :D

Alex

NeedaCobra

Master of the Obvious
Established Member
looks nice :thumbsup:

someone once said, a perfect car would be a Ford body w/ a Chevy in it :lol1: :)

SVTdubs

have you seen my baseball
Established Member
at this point in time, as long as we American's stick together, who cares. If they threw a v-tech in there, I might want to kill someone

66GT350

Established Member
i think that's just wrong

Right on!

Last summer we had a Factory Five 427 Cobra show up at one of our mustang cruise nights. Nice car, Guards Blue with white stripes, very well built. Owner pops the hood and there it is, an LS-1, right down to the Corvette fuel rail covers under the hood. In a way I felt really sorry for the guy. I don't think any of the other Ford guys said word one to him all night. People would come up look at his car, then see the motor and just walk away shaking their heads. There were three cars in his class at the show and we normally trophy down to 3rd.....funny but we only awarded two trophies in the class that night :D

KevinB120

COOKIES!
Established Member
what im curious to see, is to take an sti engine rated at 300/300 and put it in a Mach 1 and see if still makes the same times........hmmmmmmm

95oRANGEcRUSH

Who's that whore?
Established Member
No different than a street rod that has an old Ford Coupe body w/ a Chevy motor, or vice versa.

NeedaCobra

Master of the Obvious
Established Member
I still like it :)

Just 'cause they didn't follow the beaten path doesn't mean they're retarded :read:

Users who are viewing this thread