Ls1 powered Notchback

Nvr_Spds

Pushrod > 4v
Established Member
I think its badass, but then again im not biased towards ford, or GM. The LSX series motors have great potential and are light motors.

tms217

Established Member
I always like to see some good home engineering... But I would rather have a Ford Motor in a Ford, GM in GM, Dodge in Dodge...

300bhp/ton

I just like cars!!!
Established Member
reddog4063 said:
And yes sir you are a narrow minded fool.

tms217 said:
I always like to see some good home engineering... But I would rather have a Ford Motor in a Ford, GM in GM, Dodge in Dodge...
Why?

Since when has it ever been that way really, only stupid preconceptions make people think like this.

Rover V8, aka Buick 215 used in TVR, Morgans, Marcos, Land Rover, Triumph, MG
Ford V8 used in MG
Ford engines in Mazda
Subaru engines in Saabs
Peugeot engines in Rovers
Rover engines in Honda's
Aston Martin use Ford and Jaguar engines
Lincoln use Ford and Jaguar engines
Land Rover use Rover, Ford, Jagaur and BMW engines
Lambo V10 is a VW engine
Audi, Skoda, Seat all use VW engines
Roll Royce uses BMW engines
Bentley uses VW engines
Buggatti uses VW engines
Vauxhall, Opel, Saab use GM engines
Lates 70's Trans Ams used Buick engines
Pontiacs use Chevy engines
Dodge Ram uses Cummins deisel engines
Dodge vans use Mercedes engines
McLaren F1 used BMW engine
Zonda use Mercedes engines

Where does it end.....

CPViolation said:
Bastardized Fords have been around since the '50's. Ford made the beautiful bodies with a very heavy L-head V-8. GM made a thin wall small block. There was a reason then, not today.
And why not, the 302 is hardly the world greatest engine. A Ls1 is lighter, more fuel efficent, more reliable, cheaper to get HP from and has more HP potential.

What engine would you recommend over the 5.0? That could produce the a genuine 400bhp and 20+mpg for the same money as a LS1.

I think this comment was one of the best, and it comes from someone who owns a Fox and a Fbody:
Brains said:
302 + blower = ~350 RWHP, 10mpg, run for 50k before a rebuild
LS1 + cam = ~400 RWHP, 20+mpg, run for 200k before a rebuild

Seems pretty simple to me.
If you really disagree with such simple logic then you really do need your head examined.

Oh yeah, and so far that little Fox has gone 5.70 in the 1/8th on just a couple of bolt on's and a 150 shot. what other engine combo for that price could achieve that?

Tunedprt91

Established Member
^^^^^^^^ Just wanted to state something i noticed, but a couple the cars you put on the list are at least from the same company. But i dont see anything wrong with the car:shrug:

300bhp/ton

I just like cars!!!
Established Member
Tunedprt91 said:
^^^^^^^^ Just wanted to state something i noticed, but a couple the cars you put on the list are at least from the same company. But i dont see anything wrong with the car:shrug:
Yeah well comapnies change ownership all the time.

Like Rover, you had BMC, British Leyland, Austin Rover, just Rover, then owned by BMW. Rover at the time owned Mini and Land Rover. BMW sells Rover who become MGRover, BMW keeps Mini and sells Land Rover to Ford.

Jaguar where indiependant as where Aston Martin, both bought by Ford. However Aston is now up for sale.

Ford have a controlling stake in Mazda. Nissan are largly owned by French car makers. The Germans seem to be trying to own a bit of everything.

Basically what I'm trying to say is, that most cars have some involvement with other car makers and parts. So in that case who really gives a chuff what make of engine is under the hood. I'd rather have the best powerplant possible as opposed to shooting myself in the foot just to keep the name sake.

I mean some of Fords most world reknown cars have not been there own creation.

-AC Cobra - The AC Ace existed for many years prior and used MG/BMC engines amoung others. AC actually built the first Cobra's with Shelby, as Carol Shelby was actually in th GB racing for Aston Martin at the time, who incidently had recently purchased Lagonda. So the coverted AC/Shelby Cobra was as much British as it was American. And AC where building Cobra's right up to a few years back when the company finally went under. They used several Ford engines including supercharged units and the newer modular V8. Although one of the last Cobra's was the 212 S/C which used the DOHC tubrocharged Lotus V8.

-Ford Cosworth - The Sierra RS500 Cosworth would never have existed without Cosworth, and engineering company comprised of Mr Duckworth and Mr Costin, both British who had been building F1 engines for many many years.

-Ford GT40 and GT - the original GT40 was largly in design and concept based off of a British Lola racing car which Ford bough from Lola. Although the GT40 was a new car you can see clearly how Ford got there. The newer Ford GT is an American car but much of the technology it uses was designed in Britiain, using technology developed from the Aston Martin Vanquish. Although that in itself is based off of the work Lotus Engineering developed for the Lotus Elise.

It's all swings and roundabouts! :)

03sbsvtsnake

Banned
300bhp/ton- Get the hell out of here, where do you get off defending a chevy swapped ford on a FORD SITE???? The 03-04 cobra motor is alot better base if you're going to go through that kind of work to swap a motor into a fox, so don't act like its gods gift to creation to have a LS1 fox, get a life.

2-slow

Say what?
Established Member
03sbsvtsnake said:
300bhp/ton- Get the hell out of here, where do you get off defending a chevy swapped ford on a FORD SITE???? The 03-04 cobra motor is alot better base if you're going to go through that kind of work to swap a motor into a fox, so don't act like its gods gift to creation to have a LS1 fox, get a life.
I would definetely take an 03-04 powered fox over a damn LS1!:rockon:

SVTCOBRAKID

Established Member
I think its fine to do that. But as stated before, I would much rather have a 03 cobra engine in there than an ls1. But the ls1 is a good engine too. anyways take it easy

300bhp/ton

I just like cars!!!
Established Member
03sbsvtsnake said:
300bhp/ton- Get the hell out of here, where do you get off defending a chevy swapped ford on a FORD SITE????
Don't be such a little baby! Grow up and try and see the world instead of your narrow minded view of it.

03sbsvtsnake said:
The 03-04 cobra motor is alot better base if you're going to go through that kind of work to swap a motor into a fox,
The DOHC is an ok motor, but how much does it cost to get one compared to a LSx? Not too mention the size and weight disadvantage.

I mean come on what do you have against the LSx engine. Surly your not so stupid to hate an engine just because of the company that funded its development.

If you are, then lets hope some one as stupid and foolish as yourself never ends up in a postition of authority. :loser:

03sbsvtsnake said:
so don't act like its gods gift to creation to have a LS1 fox, get a life.
Show me where I have? Go on.... :rollseyes

Personally I'd porbably swap in the Jaguar Supercharged 4.2 DOHC V8 as its smaller and lighter than the Ford modular unit (same wieght as a LS1 actully) and show greater pertential in specific output than the Ford DOHC unit.

lightninmike

skeered to mod it
Established Member
Its nice that you think people are narrow minded and stupid just because they dont like what you like.
That being said it is nice to see people doing different things but its not my cup of tea, i would spend the money and put a mod motor in my fox. Supercharged ofcourse.......... or maybe a turbo

ragu1585

Game Over
Established Member
i saw this car run out at HMP last friday night (9-8) and that car is moving! BAD@$$ and great job

Duende

Thomas @ AppOSL.com
Established Member
03sbsvtsnake said:

You're silly.

Users who are viewing this thread