LS1 Trans Am kill!!

tire_fryin89

Established Member
Ok, so Im out tonight at one of the many local street race hang out spots or whatever you wanna call it, for scion owners its a car show. Anyways, I had a guy in a beautiful red about 2000 model Trans Am ask me if I wanted to run my car, So I said sure thats what I bought it for right. I asked him what was done to it and he said it was cammed, pulleys, full exhaust, 3000 stall and 4.30 gears. So he said he wanted it from a roll, dont know why but I agreed since the 4.30s and fat DRs he had scared me lol. So we jump out onto the highway, running at about 40, I honk once, I honk twice and boom he takes off before I honk a third time and jumped me about half a car, so I nail it, I start spinning alittle and had to feather it, by the top of second I had pulled ahead about half a fender on him, I slammed third and started pulling pretty hard, at the top of third I had about alittle over a car on him and he let out, or was just out of top end. Either way it was a fun race and a beautiful car I must say. With no more mods than I have done to my car I was alittle afraid at first, but the ol snake came through one more time. Man I love this car lol.

StangJason

Established Member
He probably didn't want to run from a dig because his car has that glass jaw Chevy/Pontiac rear end in it. With his mods though it'd benefit him to have that weak rear end rebuilt so he can go from a dig if that's his problem.

BayareaSS

Established Member
I'm surprised he didn't want to go from a stop. He shot himself in the foot with that decision. Good kill man!
I also ran a pullied cobra last night but it was ugly for the cobra LOL.

BigRobSS

Established Member
Yeah stalled cars are slower from a roll. Can't blame him for not wanting to race from a dig though, 10 bolt go boom lol!

F8L BYT

Established Member
Good kill OP but at the same time im not sure why he wouldnt run from a dig? The 10bolt isnt really that weak through an auto because there isnt as much stress on it even with slicks

tire_fryin89

Established Member
Yeah, I dont know why the whole from a roll thing would even be in his vocabulary with a car setup the way his was, but hey, I sure wasnt going to talk him out of it, not with my little 275 street tires lol.

Kingcater

Can't stop modding...
Established Member
He probably didn't want to run from a dig because his car has that glass jaw Chevy/Pontiac rear end in it. With his mods though it'd benefit him to have that weak rear end rebuilt so he can go from a dig if that's his problem.

10 bolts have gone 1.4 60fts and 10s all day for quite a while...without breaking :beer:

I'm surprised he didn't want to go from a stop. He shot himself in the foot with that decision. Good kill man!
I also ran a pullied cobra last night but it was ugly for the cobra LOL.

I know right :shrug:

Yeah stalled cars are slower from a roll. Can't blame him for not wanting to race from a dig though, 10 bolt go boom lol!

Once again 10bolts live a lot longer in A4 cars..

Good kill OP but at the same time im not sure why he wouldnt run from a dig? The 10bolt isnt really that weak through an auto because there isnt as much stress on it even with slicks

Yup, a local guy had made over 300 passes on slicks and din't break his 10 bolt until he sprayed it...:rockon:

S8ER01Z

Established Member

x2...I've heard of a couple single digit cars and several 10 second cars running on a stock 10 bolt.

BigRobSS

Established Member
x2...I've heard of a couple single digit cars and several 10 second cars running on a stock 10 bolt.

This is true, there are some 10 bolts that have held up to that kind of power but there are a lot more that haven't. I just hope mine stays together for a while, plenty more mustangs out there to put an ass whooping on lol! Just kidding, I'm a huge mustang fan at heart.:rockon:

SSmokinn SS

Established Member
My 10 bolt is still just as quiet as the day it came off the show room floor....not a single issue with it.

good kill OP

S8ER01Z

Established Member
This is true, there are some 10 bolts that have held up to that kind of power but there are a lot more that haven't. I just hope mine stays together for a while, plenty more mustangs out there to put an ass whooping on lol! Just kidding, I'm a huge mustang fan at heart.:rockon:

Well I can tell you from experience that abuse claimed most the of the ones that haven't held up (including my old LT1s 10 bolt. :rolling:)

You are right though... it's just not the glass jaw it's made out to be...I suppose in comparison to the rest of the drive train it's a POS but it's not like you can break it without putting it through some serious abuse first. :beer:

Users who are viewing this thread