LS1 Vs. Mach 1

ON D BIT

Finish First
Established Member
10.5secAWDTALON said:
Correct launch??? Reading skills own you, my SS is an auto, please tell us all here how fast an auto Mach 1 is...no don't bother we already know they are significantly slower than the manuals, yet my auto SS is faster then a manual Mach. :lol: :loser: :lol:

the auto mach 1 is different car with different engine components. thats why it has less horsepower than the 5 speed. is the auto ls1 the same way?

all i know is that at sears point a few years ago, most of the ls1 cars were not pulling the mach 1's. maybe all those that had ls1's just could not drive!

10.5secAWDTALON

Established Member
ON D BIT said:
the auto mach 1 is different car with different engine components. thats why it has less horsepower than the 5 speed. is the auto ls1 the same way?

all i know is that at sears point a few years ago, most of the ls1 cars were not pulling the mach 1's. maybe all those that had ls1's just could not drive!
Yeah...and all I know is the fastest recorded time for an LS1 F body by any mag...in fact it was by your own Mustang mag MM/FF with Evan driving is FASTER than the fastest time ever recorded for a Mach1 by him or any other mag for that matter. 12.89@108 for a 1999 Z28 and to top it off, 2 years later with an 01 SS (in blistering heat no less) they ran [email protected].

And....I still find it amusing same day, same track, 3 DIFFERENT drivers run the cars and the 04 GTO traps higher and ET's almost as fast as the Mach...and AGAIN...it's pretty common knowledge the LS1 F bodies were *significantly* faster then the LS1 GTO.

http://www.musclemustangfastfords.com/features/0407mm_mach/
But yeah...you're right the Mach is quicker. :D :D :D

2k1cobra

Established Member
10.5secAWDTALON said:
Yeah...and all I know is the fastest recorded time for an LS1 F body by any mag...in fact it was by your own Mustang mag MM/FF with Evan driving is FASTER than the fastest time ever recorded for a Mach1 by him or any other mag for that matter. 12.89@108 for a 1999 Z28 and to top it off, 2 years later with an 01 SS (in blistering heat no less) they ran [email protected].

And....I still find it amusing same day, same track, 3 DIFFERENT drivers run the cars and the 04 GTO traps higher and ET's almost as fast as the Mach...and AGAIN...it's pretty common knowledge the LS1 F bodies were *significantly* faster then the LS1 GTO.

But yeah...you're right the Mach is quicker. :D :D :D
Ive NEVER EVER Seen a GTO trap anywhere near 106 stock. 3750 LBS+290-310 RWHP=14@98-102 mph :kaboom: Honestly do you think we care about a car that no longer is made? YES stock for stock an ls1 is faster, but how many of us are stock? Are you related to betterthanu? Magazine RAcerZ 4 LyF3! PLZ just do us a favor and throw your catfish back into the water. :burn:

10.5secAWDTALON

Established Member
2k1cobra said:
Ive NEVER EVER Seen a GTO trap anywhere near 106 stock. 3750 LBS+290-310 RWHP=14@98-102 mph

14@98-102? ROTFLMAO!!!

You're way to funny. Where have you been? A 14@ 98...now you've lost ALL credibility with that stupid talk. :bash:

Sad to say but they can trap around 103-106. And that's exactly what your Mustangs boys got when they ran it against the Mach...the 04 GTO trapped a best of 105.5 and ET'd almost the same as the Mach.

And that makes perfect sense seeing the best traps for an F body LS1 were 108-110 and their best ET's were high 12's.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Last edited:

ponygt65

Multi-Quotin' Fool
Established Member
CY98Cobra said:
Actually, I believe the Corvette has that honor. :beer:

Actually, no. There was no Corvette produced in 1983. The '82 vette was the last of the C3 (stingray) and the '84 was the first of the C4s. No '83 vette produced. The mustang has been produced every single year since April of 1964. :beer: :rockon:

AWD - I love it.......more magazine racing. You know, it's funny. You keep ragging on mach's and yet, you are claiming an AUTO LS1 BONE FACTORY stock was ran at an ET of 13.0 by you. Wow, you must be the BEST driver of all. I mean, most guys would love to see a 13 flat in a FACTORY STOCK CAR. and yet, you speak like you have pulled it off every single time you have visited the track. Much like your ONE run in with a mach is the SAME result that every race will have......OK. You ran a 13.0, and Evan Smith (pro racer) ran a 12.9? Wow, why aren't you racing with John Force again? I mean...........You got mad skills brah. I bet your 10.5 second run was on 20s too. We just can't match your mad skills. How do you do it? ........ oh wait...you don't.....YOU BULLSH!T on every post.

One more thing. I would like to apologize to everyone especially you Eagle (or Talon). I mean, I made a HUGE mistake: I made an assumption. I mentioned earlier that your 10.5 run was 1/4 mile. I assumed that..........but we all know that is impossible, so it is an 1/8 mile 10 second car........CONGRATS. It takes alot of driver FUC.K up to drive like that.............Now i am confused. You ran your BONE STOCK Fbody SS (heaviest F-cody) to a 13.0 with 2.73s A4, and yet you can only muster up a 10.5 with an AWD manual Talon.....I dont' get you? Do you sand bag alot?

2k1cobra

Established Member
10.5secAWDTALON said:
14@98-102? ROTFLMAO!!!

You're way to funny. Where have you been? A 14@ 98...now you've lost ALL credibility with that stupid talk. :bash:

Sad to say but they can trap around 103-106. And that's exactly what your Mustangs boys got when they ran it against the Mach...the 04 GTO trapped a best of 105.5 and ET'd almost the same as the Mach.

And that makes perfect sense seeing the best traps for an F body LS1 were 108-110 and their best ET's were high 12's.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Those are the times ive seen with my own two eyes. All stock auto GTO's ive seen run 13.8-13.9@98-101 MPH. The times seem pretty accurate to me, considering they weight 3775 LBS, which is 400+ LBS more than your SS. Put away the magazines for a while because magazines times to me dont mean shit to me.
Here are a couple of examples from LS1GTO.com
Modded 04-13.3@105
Bone Stock 05-13.9@101
Cam Only 04-13.0@104
Modded 04-13.3@104
Modded a4 04-14.4@98
A lot of 05/06 GTO owners over there seem dissapointed w/ their times. Even the cammed GTO arent runnin good times. I guess its all that weight.

ON D BIT

Finish First
Established Member
10.5secAWDTALON said:

point being, those are the fastest times you have seen for the stock ls1 in print or at the track. cool glad we got that straight. now what does a driving mistake cost you in time? leaving a little late, not shifting at the exact engine rpm, spinning the tires a little too much, missing a power shift? if any of these things happen in your 13 secs on the track you will lose to any 13.1 sec car.
because of these facts alone this race is a drivers race. its really very simple. who ever is the better driver will win the race.

ponygt65

Multi-Quotin' Fool
Established Member
ON D BIT said:
point being, those are the fastest times you have seen for the stock ls1 in print or at the track. cool glad we got that straight. now what does a driving mistake cost you in time? leaving a little late, not shifting at the exact engine rpm, spinning the tires a little too much, missing a power shift? if any of these things happen in your 13 secs on the track you will lose to any 13.1 sec car.
because of these facts alone this race is a drivers race. its really very simple. who ever is the better driver will win the race.

Why continue to explain? We have told him this several times. But he knows all. He owns a 10.5 sec Talon, had a 13.0 FACTORY STOCK A4 SS that ran 13.0, and the Magazine's proove his point. I mean that fact that 90% of mag. racers shift at redline, and launch at astronomical RPMS, have nothing to do with it.

10.5secAWDTALON

Established Member
You guys are delusional.

The fact is the 04 GTO W/LS1 is about 370 pounds heavier than the typical LS1 f body. That's a 3.5 tenths handicap basically. Now lets not talk the worst times you've ever seen because we all know worst means nothing...I've seen Vipers run 14's...that does not make the Viper a 14 sec car last time I checked.

The *best ever* times for LS1 f bodies bone stock are high 12's with traps of 108-110 for manuals and low 13's to 13 flat with traps of 103-107~ for autos. Typical times are mid to lower 13's for both auto/manual. Given that there's no reason why an LS1 GTO would be a 14@98 car for it's best times. That's retarded, and no one in their right mind that knows the 04 GTO would agree with such BS.

Oh, BTW...here's the top 10 STOCK 2004 GTO ET list from the GTO forum,( I suppose this is BS too, everying said, printed or tested with an 04 GTO is BS, RIGHT??)

LS1 ENGINE CLASS
Top NA ET's - Stock:
1) ls1gto 13.10 @ 107.3 MPH
2) TRU GTO 13.136 @ 105.76 MPH
3) GTwhoa 13.15 @ 105.35 MPH
4) nutiger 13.245 @ 104.86 MPH
5) GTONEWB 13.248 105.99 MPH
6) slammin86 13.27 @ 105.46 MPH
7) Nmbr1GMfan 13.390 @ 104.54 MPH
9) nikivee 13.3 @ 104.00 MPH
10) 1meangoat 13.307 @ 104.61 MPH
11) Nmbr1GMfan 13.390 @ 104.54 MPH
10) win98nogood 13.393 @ 105.10 MPH

Hmmm...funny...these seem to backup the time YOUR OWN MM/FF mag got from an 04 GTO. :banana:

Last edited:

10.5secAWDTALON

Established Member
ponygt65 said:
Actually, no. There was no Corvette produced in 1983. The '82 vette was the last of the C3 (stingray) and the '84 was the first of the C4s. No '83 vette produced.
99.99% true. There were 47 1983 Vettes made and 1 is in the National Vette museum, but yes, none were sold to the public.

ponygt65 said:
Now i am confused. You ran your BONE STOCK Fbody SS (heaviest F-cody) to a 13.0 with 2.73s A4
Yes...you are confused. IF you knew anything at all you'd know the SS A4 comes *STOCK WITH 3.23 gears, and it is NOT the heaviest F body seeing it comes with aluminum driveshaft and fiberglass hood.* Trans Ams are heavier for several diffrent reasons, more sound deadening, heavier front seats, pop up head lights, just to name a few :loser:

Again more than one person has run very low 13.'s to a 13 flat with an auto LS1 F body.

You despise mag tests, too bad, the fact is ***if they ran the car at a 1/4 mile...and report uncorrect times the times are vaid****. Period.

Here, a heavier than my SS 2002 Collector Edition Trans Am A4 runs easy 13.1's with 2 different drivers:

http://highperformancepontiac.com/features/0209hpp_rebel/

Oh,and here let me quote a well known on the net Ford drag racer, Bob Cosby, who IS WELL RESPECTED in the Ford community.....

"Bob Cosby... May 26th, 2003 08:51 AM
"Scott....there have been A4 LS1's that have gone 13.0 @ 104-106 MPH in bone stock trim. "

Guess Bob is full of it too...eh?
Now...me and Bob don't even get along, and Bob is a die hard Ford guy these days, but when Bob talks of cars he's pretty much accurate with his info. Oh...and Bob was the 2004 NMRA Factory Stock National Champion FWIW

ponygt65 said:
you are claiming an AUTO LS1 BONE FACTORY stock was ran at an ET of 13.0 by you. Wow, you must be the BEST driver of all. I mean, most guys would love to see a 13 flat in a FACTORY STOCK CAR. and yet, you speak like you have pulled it off every single time you have visited the track.
Actually the car hot laps EASY 13.1's ALL NIGHT LONG. :D :D :D

You are in denial and delusional. You say I rag on the Mach...show me where I ragged on it? My only point of contention is claims of 12.8's with traps of 108+. The fact is the Mach is near equal to an 04 GTO manual to manual, and the LS1 F body manual or auto can be quicker than the GTO or the Mach. This has been proved over and over , so deny the facts but they ARE there.

Last edited:

10.5secAWDTALON

Established Member
Oh, and again on Mach1 times, Bob Cosby, again a VERY RESPECTED FORD DRAG RACER, well known for his 1/4 mile accomplishments and knowledge says this about a 12.8 in a bone stock Mach1....

*few yrs ago on an unnamed board a guy claimed a mach ran a 12.8 stock. after doing some research i discovered some mods though minor were done to the car. so naturally i was name called and criticized because how dare i find out the truth after they ran their mouths and now looked stupid.*

Bob Cosby replies..."I remember that. Anything is possible (especially in -1000 DAs that you sometimes get along the East Coast in November), but there were a LOT of folks raising the "BS" flag on that one.

The very quickest of the quick - that can be verified for a Mach1 - have run right around 13.1 @ 105-106 mph."

Now...me and Bob don't even get along, and Bob is a die hard Ford, but when Bob talks of Fords he's pretty much accurate with his info. Oh...and Bob was the 2004 NMRA Factory Stock National Champion FWIW.

Last edited:

ON D BIT

Finish First
Established Member
10.5secAWDTALON said:
You guys are delusional.

The fact is the 04 GTO W/LS1 is about 370 pounds heavier than the typical LS1 f body. That's a 3.5 tenths handicap basically. Now lets not talk the worst times you've ever seen because we all know worst means nothing...I've seen Vipers run 14's...that does not make the Viper a 14 sec car last time I checked.

The *best ever* times for LS1 f bodies bone stock are high 12's with traps of 108-110 for manuals and low 13's to 13 flat with traps of 103-107~ for autos. Typical times are mid to lower 13's for both auto/manual. Given that there's no reason why an LS1 GTO would be a 14@98 car for it's best times. That's retarded, and no one in their right mind that knows the 04 GTO would agree with such BS.

Oh, BTW...here's the top 10 STOCK 2004 GTO ET list from the GTO forum,( I suppose this is BS too, everying said, printed or tested with an 04 GTO is BS, RIGHT??)

LS1 ENGINE CLASS
Top NA ET's - Stock:
1) ls1gto 13.10 @ 107.3 MPH
2) TRU GTO 13.136 @ 105.76 MPH
3) GTwhoa 13.15 @ 105.35 MPH
4) nutiger 13.245 @ 104.86 MPH
5) GTONEWB 13.248 105.99 MPH
6) slammin86 13.27 @ 105.46 MPH
7) Nmbr1GMfan 13.390 @ 104.54 MPH
9) nikivee 13.3 @ 104.00 MPH
10) 1meangoat 13.307 @ 104.61 MPH
11) Nmbr1GMfan 13.390 @ 104.54 MPH
10) win98nogood 13.393 @ 105.10 MPH

Hmmm...funny...these seem to backup the time YOUR OWN MM/FF mag got from an 04 GTO. :banana:

i thought you were talking about an fbody? do you want a gto?

10.5secAWDTALON

Established Member
ON D BIT said:
imagine that? do you get along with anyone? :lol: :D :beer:
Actually, yes...actually I get along with A LOT of folks, but it seems here in the Mach1 area though there's several thin skinned guys that don't want to hear the truth, ignorance is bliss for them and to divert things away from the truth they need to find things to smoke screen with like ragging on my DSM. Stick to the facts here folks. :read:

jpajkos

Member of D.O.S. Racing
Established Member
Gotta friend who owns a 2003 Mach 1 competition orange w/ full bolt ons and a 12 psi procharger. He don't even race Ls1's his comment to this is (Waste of gas). I have seen stock mach1's race against stock LS1's and I have seen the Mach pull harder away from the LS1's. I like how if your avg your horsepower per dollar the Mach 1's are cheaper by 4-5 grand then ls1's. Im just a man who likes to get more for my money.

10.5secAWDTALON

Established Member
jpajkos said:
Gotta friend who owns a 2003 Mach 1 competition orange w/ full bolt ons and a 12 psi procharger. He don't even race Ls1's his comment to this is (Waste of gas).
That's just stupid talk, so an LS1 can't be built up too???

jpajkos said:
I have seen stock mach1's race against stock LS1's and I have seen the Mach pull harder away from the LS1's
And I've seen just the opposite. tit for tat.

Fact is the fastest doccumented times are for an LS1 F body, not a Mach1.

jpajkos said:
I like how if your avg your horsepower per dollar the Mach 1's are cheaper by 4-5 grand then ls1's. Im just a man who likes to get more for my money.
Seems to me an LS1 f body could be had for an MSRP OF UNDER $23k making it a better HP deal than a Mach1.

Last edited:

ponygt65

Multi-Quotin' Fool
Established Member
10.5secAWDTALON said:
99.99% true. There were 47 1983 Vettes made and 1 is in the National Vette museum, but yes, none were sold to the public.

No, I am 100% correct. If you knew how to read, you would have known that I said, PRODUCED, not made. Just like there were some '02 cobras. But they were made, not produced.

10.5secAWDTALON said:
You are in denial and delusional. You say I rag on the Mach...show me where I ragged on it? My only point of contention is claims of 12.8's with traps of 108+. The fact is the Mach is near equal to an 04 GTO manual to manual, and the LS1 F body manual or auto can be quicker than the GTO or the Mach. This has been proved over and over , so deny the facts but they ARE there.

So I was incorrect on the gears. That is the only thing. Yet, you have been wrong on alot. Siting only opinions, and magazine crap. I love how you say the mach is equal to the gto, but not the Fbody, and you claim the fbody is high 12s, and gto is low 13s. And yet, you said this about the machs high 12 run:

10.5secAWDTALON said:
I can almost believe the ET, but "over 108 MPH traps" that's pretty far fetched.

So make up your mind. You are so contradictive and clueless it is truely pathetic.

TR03Mach1

Black Snake
Established Member
10.5secAWDTALON said:
Actually, yes...actually I get along with A LOT of folks, but it seems here in the Mach1 area though there's several thin skinned guys that don't want to hear the truth, ignorance is bliss for them and to divert things away from the truth they need to find things to smoke screen with like ragging on my DSM. Stick to the facts here folks.
Hmm, fact is what we don't need is some dickwad, half-assed ricer boy, former LS1 owner coming into our forums telling us his opinions and magazine stories about our cars. All that counts to me is that at my track while all the "unbeatable" LS1 powered Trans Ams and Camaros were trying their hardest to break 13.5 et's, I was running 13.1's all day long in a bone stock car. So you can go preach your LS1 is GOD shit to all the other Fast and Furious ricer boys who will hang on your every word, but here you could tell me the grass is green and the sky is blue, and I'd still call :bs: on your punk ass. :loser:

Last edited:

10.5secAWDTALON

Established Member
TR03Mach1 said:
Hmm, fact is what we don't need is some dickwad, half-assed ricer boy, former LS1 owner coming into our forums telling us his opinions and magazine stories about our cars. All that counts to me is that at my track while all the "unbeatable" LS1 powered Trans Ams and Camaros were trying their hardest to break 13.5 et's, I was running 13.1's all day long in a bone stock car. So you can go preach your LS1 is GOD shit to all the other Fast and Furious ricer boys who will hang on your every word, but here you could tell me the grass is green and the sky is blue, and I'd still call :bs: on your punk ass. :loser:
Wow...big words out of a very little man. :lol:

"former LS1 owner"??? I still have it and it stills runs 13.0-13.1's stock, an AUTO nonetheless.

At "your track" I didn't know Kinder Kare for Kids had tracks? They let little boi's like you race there?? :dw:

Fact stands and remains with irrefutable proof for ever and all of time...the LS1 f body is faster than the Mach1 stock for stock.

:banana: :beer: :beer: :banana:

Users who are viewing this thread