LS1 vs. Modded CBR 600RR

JerseyGT

Jerseys Finest Ttop
Established Member
Originally posted by Stangkillin99ss
ATTN: PLEASE RIGHT CLICK AND SAVE AS DONT BE A CHEAP SKATE JUST DELETE IT AND DONT HOG MY BANDWIDTH!!!

Yea, that shit sucks. Thats why my account is shot till next month. Sh*t sucks, gotta pay more money. :cuss:

Sax1031

Established Member
Bikes are very different from cars.

Because a mag tells you they run these times does not mean that most will be anywhere close.

To run 10s on a 600 you have to be a very good rider. The guy in the video looks like he is not a very good rider. He is not tucking and from what I see, he is shifting with the clutch. :cuss:

Their is a big difference in 600 to liter bikes.

Last edited:

Ling_650vette

Quagmires Apprentice
Established Member
There's a big difference in riding ability too from 600s to 1000s. You pull the same squid crap on a liter bike that you did on a 600, and you're toast.

600s arent as quick as their bretheran, but they can still lay a world of hurt in the hands of the right rider. I know guys w/ liter bikes who can get walked by 600s and 750s cause they cant ride for shit. The 600RR is a really well rounded bike, but they arent invincible.

And im glad to see you do have cutouts. I was hoping Poorla didnt sound that good :p lol jk

Stangkillin99ss

8 UR SVT
Established Member
in response to the magazine comment, im not really looking at the ET but more the mph indicating top end. As far as the rider goes, i dont know how good/bad he is.

Thanks for all the comments and compliments:beer:

Whitten

Grocery Run
Established Member
That is one hell of an SS bro, looks like I might be joining your ranks soon too. I am in the process of looking at Camaros for a replacement for my truck.

Devil Dog

TOYZ, yeah I got some.
Established Member
I have never seen a 600 run 10's, but on the other hand I don't pay much attention to 600 cc bikes.

I guess with a pro rider and a well prepared track it may be possible, but that squid don't look like a pro (notice the riding apparel).:rolleyes:

Last edited:

Sax1031

Established Member
The guy riding that 600 probably could only get about 120mph trap speed out of the thing at best. He did not look like he knew what he was doing at all.

I like Busas. On the interstate they are nasty.

I have an 02 GSX-R1000. Lowered, strapped, yoshi trs slip-on, and remapped. It made 152 hp to the ground last time on the dyno at 16k miles on the bike. My clutches are slipping though as I have 10k hard miles on them.

bike.jpg

This was a timeslip from my 2nd time ever at the dragstrip. Keeping a liter bike down is an art.

1014.JPG

Ling_650vette

Quagmires Apprentice
Established Member
Thats a nice Gixxer. Outside of the 01 silver/black scheme, my absolute favorite is this one
3119.1.jpg
it used to be my friends, but sadly was stolen :( Only mods he had were TRE and Scorpion slipon.

Sax1031

Established Member
Originally posted by TrueBlue'01GT
What's a typical 1/4 time and trap for say a 600cc bike?

Hard to say.

Driver is probably 90% of what a bike will run a trap.

My first ever run at the track was a 10.70 @ 127 mph with a 2.0 60ft time. Then my next run was a 11.20 @ 133 with a 2.1 60ft.

Trap speeds and times vary greatly with different riders.

My bike with my friend on it has run 6.30s at 120mph in the 1/8.

Typical 600 will see mid-to-low 11s at low 120ish mph with a good rider on them. A great rider that can ride the clutch good maybe will brake a 10 sec run off at 125ish mph.

Users who are viewing this thread