LS1 Z28 and Sti

300bhp/ton

I just like cars!!!
Established Member
On my way home the other night I ran a newish Sti from a roll 3 times. Pulled each time (3-5 car lengths) :)

fast02gt

Established Member
Nice man..I have beat an STI from a roll in my 5.0 (mods in sig)..they arent that strong from the roll..to say the least..lol

TacticalKaos

Established Member
XCELR8 said:
and it starts... :rollseyes

I know that STis aren't the fastest from a roll when they're stock but I just get tired of seeing all these generalizations that people seem to think they are always slow. I don't own a Cobra but I know they're faster than shit with just a few mods. I joined this site to learn more about cars other than the one I own. People that are "automobile ethnocentric" are bound to get their foot put in their mouth. I suspect that either the Z28 was modded or the STi couldn't drive because even when I was stock I could beat one.

XCELR8

I love my 4V
Established Member
TacticalKaos said:
I know that STis aren't the fastest from a roll when they're stock but I just get tired of seeing all these generalizations that people seem to think they are always slow. I don't own a Cobra but I know they're faster than shit with just a few mods. I joined this site to learn more about cars other than the one I own. People that are "automobile ethnocentric" are bound to get their foot put in their mouth. I suspect that either the Z28 was modded or the STi couldn't drive because even when I was stock I could beat one.

When I said, "...and it starts", I didn't really direct that towards you, but more at the dozens of others that will soon jump in and turn this thread into a 15 page flame fest. Nothing personal bro. :beer: I know STis are fast, they're one of the cars that inspired me to get rid of my GT and upgrade to the MACh1.

I also wanted to throw this out there too though. A LS1 F-body can and will trap from 105-108mph completely stock. STis typically trap about 101-103mph. With that said, a Z28 would have the edge in a race from a roll.

CharlieCobra03

Established Member
Kaos, I tangled with a very quick STi in my Cobra right before I traded it. My car ran 11.21 on slicks at the time and probably 11.70 or so with DR's. I barely got him at the big end by a fender. Quickest frikken STi I ever saw. Now there's a 10 second S4 showing up to play. I wish the Brute was ready now!

Orr89rocz

WTF
Established Member
usually 11 second STI's are GT35R equipped.... makes 500awhp with good tune and good gas

TacticalKaos

Established Member
Orr89rocz said:
usually 11 second STI's are GT35R equipped.... makes 500awhp with good tune and good gas

I ran an 11.2 with 408 awhp on pump gas (GT35r and plenty of supporting mods) however I did get my car tuned by one of the best tuners in the nation. I don't expect to beat every Cobra I pull up next to or any car for that matter but I at least have the piece of mind of knowing I can put up a good fight. I'll even run someone I know will beat me just to humble them. I can respect a faster car and take lose just fine. I'll be the first to admit I've been beaten.

CharlieCobra03

Established Member
Kaos, ya might know this STi, he's outta Oregon, white car, looks stock. I can't tell where yer from with that sig of yours but figured it's a 1 in 50 chance you might know him.

TacticalKaos

Established Member
QU!CK said:
I'm actually contemplating selling the Bullitt for an STi...it just seems to be a better "all around" package and will easily pick up more hp/tq than my car with each bolt-on.

-J

Ehhhh you'd be surprised. I'm not going to discourage you from getting an STi because they are much more expensive to mod, I'll tell you that in advance. If you're all about quarter racing I'd get a Cobra all day before an STi or even just use your Mach (don't forget you've got a hell of a car now) but if you want a very diverse car that will run in any weather an STi might be worth looking into. Keep an open mind and explore your options.

TacticalKaos

Established Member
CharlieCobra03 said:
Kaos, ya might know this STi, he's outta Oregon, white car, looks stock. I can't tell where yer from with that sig of yours but figured it's a 1 in 50 chance you might know him.

It's probably a guy from PDX Tuning and if it is watch out. It could also be an AVO car (that company makes excellent parts). If its a guy from PDX you should talk to him, everyone that works there is very friendly. I'm not from Oregon though however I know almost all the dealers, their associates and several of their customers. I'm pretty active in the entire automotive community.

Users who are viewing this thread