ls2 Z28 vs 03 Cobra

02StanGT

Established Member
Well I saw this loud camaro passing my house as I was leaving to go get a movie for me and the girly. I thought about turning around and going after him, but he was thinking the same thing and came after me. He pulls up beside me and then I realize I've met this kid before through some guys I work with. Anyways we are stopped at a light and he asks if I want to goose them a little, so I tell him lets go. We make sure there aren't any cops around and we start from a 40 roll. I'm in second gear and hit it but he takes off as im sitting there:burnout:. By the time i hit the end of third he was about 3-4 cars ahead of me. We do it again coming back and this time I get traction (thank you goodyear) and he gets to hear my exhaust this time. We went from 40 to ~120? I didnt look at the speed or how far he was back there, but I knew I had won. I'm assuming like 4-5 cars and pulling. BTW his mods are cam(dont know lift or duration), intake, full exhuast, and i think he had gears. I could be wrong on the gears though. I'll be making a couple videos I think with him and a few of my buddies when they race each other to give you guys some entertainment.

S8ER01Z

Established Member
Good kill...what all do you have done?? Times???

An LS2 with a cam is a beast... you guys had to be moving...

02StanGT

Established Member
My mods are as follows: 2.93 upper, stage 4 port, ported tb and plenum, bassani catback, bassani x pipe, intake, and a diablo tune.

02StanGT

Established Member
S8ER95Z said:
Good kill...what all do you have done?? Times???

An LS2 with a cam is a beast... you guys had to be moving...

Ya no offense to you ls1 guys but I usually walk ls1's no problem. That ls2 motor is completly different. Its the only car that I havent walked away from, suprised the hell out of me. :) BTW on street radials the z28 ran a 12.3 at 113-115 (not sure on the mph).

BeNBadRacing

SVT Test Dummy
Established Member
02StanGT said:
Ya no offense to you ls1 guys but I usually walk ls1's no problem. That ls2 motor is completly different. Its the only car that I havent walked away from, suprised the hell out of me. :) BTW on street radials the z28 ran a 12.3 at 113-115 (not sure on the mph).

You obviously have a fast car. Congrats.

BeNBadRacing

SVT Test Dummy
Established Member
02StanGT said:
Coming from you, that makes me feel good. I've seen your 85, that things a monster!

Yea, it runs pretty good for a little street car. My 04 Cobra will get some work during the winter. Hoping for a very sedate 9 sec. street car. The 85 is not so sedate...

burnzilla

Established Member
So you must be close to 500 (maybe more?) rwhp to beat a cammed LS2......

Nice kill...
I see the LS2/LS6 Vette's killen those Terminator's alot, its nice to see the Cobra's snap back.

Last edited:

Smokinlx

Established Member
Well at least You went 1-1 with Him, do You have DR'S? I raced a LS2 zo6 with gear's, 100 shot, and DR'S, and He gave Me a pretty good run but in the end I bested Him by .2 tenth's and He ran an 11.4 @ 121mph.

$ickZ06

Established Member
burnzilla said:
So you must be close to 500 (maybe more?) rwhp to beat a cammed LS2......

Nice kill...
I see the LS2/LS6 Vette's killen those Terminator's alot, its nice to see the Cobra's snap back.

Yup, with his mods he should be close to 500rwhp.

scorcher2005

USMC
Established Member
Smokinlx said:
Well at least You went 1-1 with Him, do You have DR'S? I raced a LS2 zo6 with gear's, 100 shot, and DR'S, and He gave Me a pretty good run but in the end I bested Him by .2 tenth's and He ran an 11.4 @ 121mph.

ls2 z06? c5 z06 has the ls6. c6 z06 has the ls7. ls2 comes in the regular c6. That is unless he replaced the motor, but i dont know why he replaced a ls6 w/ a lesser engine.

ibepressin

Established Member
My cam only ls1 trapped 119 yesterday with 405 rwhp. A ls2 with cam and intake "fast" should do 430 whp easily. Never the less nice kill. :thumbsup:

Users who are viewing this thread