Lt fuel trims??

KevinsVertTerminator

Established Member
Ok guys
I feel like most of my tweaks are worked out from my upgrades however i abandoned corn (best guess is it is very inconsistent here) and am now running my 91 tune. Car runs good. But

I think i might smell gas just a little and my lt fuel trim bank 1 at idle is 1.25 and bank 2 is 1.16. Also sometime while traveling steady bank 1 will show 6 to 8 points lower. For example bank 1 .93 and bank 2 .99. Other times they will level out to 1.0 or just be off from each other by 1 number.

Is this in my tune (car def needs to be taken in to tuner for cold start tweaks) or some other issue?

Thx guys

03cobra#2

Hobbyist Of Many Hobbies
Established Member
Ok guys
I feel like most of my tweaks are worked out from my upgrades however i abandoned corn (best guess is it is very inconsistent here) and am now running my 91 tune. Car runs good. But

I think i might smell gas just a little and my lt fuel trim bank 1 at idle is 1.25 and bank 2 is 1.16. Also sometime while traveling steady bank 1 will show 6 to 8 points lower. For example bank 1 .93 and bank 2 .99. Other times they will level out to 1.0 or just be off from each other by 1 number.

Is this in my tune (car def needs to be taken in to tuner for cold start tweaks) or some other issue?

Thx guys
Probably just need an adjustment in the tune. The tuner will turn off adaptive (turn off ltft's) and see what the short term fuel trims are doing. If they are off they will adjust the tune accordingly. Once the stft's are close to 1.0 at idle, part throttle, driving, ect they will turn the ltft's back on and they should stay at 1.0. A small bank to bank difference is ok between stft's.

KevinsVertTerminator

Established Member
Ok thx. I appreciate the response. I have learned that in regards to the car i am super anal and its been tough worrying and trying to get it perfect.

Users who are viewing this thread