LT Header Install Difficulty

Teksid89

Don't Tread On Me
Established Member
So I'm having trouble getting my steering column connected back after installing Hooker Long Tube Headers on a 01 Cobra. Had BBK LT's on it before. The engine is in a V-shaped cradle & has been lifted & moved in every feasible way along with the trans. Please Help!
Thanks

01yellercobra

Established Member
For my Bassanis I had to disconnect the steering shaft from the column and firewall then feed it through the header.

01yellercobra

Established Member
If everything is in it's proper place then it should line up. You'd have to still have the k member dropped for it not to line up. Or the steering shaft isn't in the correct opening in the header.

Teksid89

Don't Tread On Me
Established Member
headers.jpg

01yellercobra

Established Member
Is the rack seated correctly? If it is you might have to look into an aftermarket steering shaft.

snakeraper11b

Established Member
Is the engine sitting squarely in the k-member? If it's canted to one side some the headers will be in a different spot, possibly occupying the space needed by the shaft to make the correct angle.

snakeraper11b

Established Member
Why not just grind a little off the shaft? As long as you don't cut into the pieces that connect the shaft you shouldn't weaken it at all. Just a thought

soccerman002

99 SVT Cobra
Established Member
That or mark the headers and clearance them a bit with a hammer, seen plenty on here that've had to do that.

Users who are viewing this thread