LT Header Install Questions

RocketSurgeon

Established Member
What kind of price could be expected if I have a shop install them? Think a regular muffler shop could handle it or would it need to be a performance shop? I don't know of any decent Mustang shops in Colorado...

Has anyone installed them on their own? I don't have access to a lift so the car would be on jack stands. I'm thinking it will be a huge PITA but I'd like to hear everyone elses' experiences doing the job as I may tackle it on my own after my next rotation.

Last question - anyone have a preference between Kooks or American Racing other than being able to keep the side pipes?

Thanks

BSG Boss

Established Member
I have ARH 1 7/8 LT's, O/R X, stock over the axle pipes with resonators and borla touring is loud enough wide open and has no drone on the highway!! Look up blk5genss on YouTube there is an idle and wide open runs at the track!!! It wasn't that bad, but I have also installed a set on a 2008 GT500(Kooks), and 2011 Raptor(Stainless Works)!! I would look at the Stainless Power kit or Stainless works via JPC since the have the LT's and X-pipe for 899 I think!! Koos is cool if you want the side pipe option, but i would prefer the SW or SP bc of the fit and finish!!! I got the AHR's from a friend and got a hell of a deal, that's the only reason they are on my car!! Almost went with the JPC 1 3/4's but wanted the option to have a highflo header in case I got a blower down the road!! I picked up 37RWHP and 25RWTQ from the headers and retune, not a custom just a tune for it to drive around on. The custom Dyno tune on E-85 will be comning in SEP when I return from this deployment!! I also plan on adding 47lb injectors, 84.5mmAccufab TB, Airaid CAI, and an aluminum driveshaft!! So far the car went 12.17@120 on 18 inch dr's and the exhaust listed above!!!
Good luck!!!

flyby763

Established Member
I installed my stainless works longtunes on my 2011 GT in my garage on jackstands. It wasn't necessarily difficult, just time consuming. I would say a shop that knows what they are doing would probably charge you 4 hours or so for labor, maybe more.

Ochoblanco

Established Member
I installed my stainless works longtunes on my 2011 GT in my garage on jackstands. It wasn't necessarily difficult, just time consuming. I would say a shop that knows what they are doing would probably charge you 4 hours or so for labor, maybe more.

I agree. But definitely hit up a performance shop over your everyday muffler shop....at least thats my opinion anyway. Labor should run between 3-6 hours depending upon what kind of deal they give you.

Users who are viewing this thread