LT1 Camaro vs Pullied cobra

FMX05

Established Member
Bolt on LT1 camaro with 150k+ miles vs. 03/04 cobra with at least a pulley and a catback. I did not take this video as I was at the starting line. Stereotypical much?

[ame=http://s77.photobucket.com/albums/j55/Ckicker67/?action=view&current=bryantsrun.flv]
th_bryantsrun.jpg
[/ame]

Last edited:

FMX05

Established Member
good kill:shrug:

this video doesn't show the start so it's kinda hard say...

The Cobra driver was shat on start to finish. The only thing they did equally was leaving at the same time. From what I recall the cobra spun in 1st but had traction from 2nd on.

This goes to show that the saying anything can happen on the street goes for the track as well.

sdg97232

Established Member
you never know what was done to the lt1......my sister had a bolt-on a4 94 and when my mach was 100% stock it would kill her z28.....im assuming that by "bolt-ons" he ment a stroker motor with heads cam and intake......oh yea cant forget the 150 shot!!!!!

Un4GivN

QuenchMyThirstw/Gasoline
Established Member
you never know what was done to the lt1......my sister had a bolt-on a4 94 and when my mach was 100% stock it would kill her z28.....im assuming that by "bolt-ons" he ment a stroker motor with heads cam and intake......oh yea cant forget the 150 shot!!!!!

No kidding. When my 01 Cobra was stock, it would absolutely rape my buddies stock 94 A4 Z28.

FMX05

Established Member

The LT1 is an untuned A4 with a CAI, long tubes w/ory, stock 10 bolt, 3200 stall and a 100 shot. It really needs a tune. You can hear it hit the limiter 3 times on the 2-3 shift because of the stock shift points. The car has 170k miles on the stock LT1. The heads have never been off and it is far from a heads and cam stroker motoer lmao.

FMX05

Established Member
Any more details?

Jackson looked packed. Was there something going on or just thursday night races?

It was the first test and tune night that it didn't rain since the weather warmed up. Quite a few forums had guys showing up together. Bigboostin.com, Carolinahorsepower.com, CSRAMotorsports, etc. It was absolutely packed. Most of the street car guys only made 1 run and some made 2. I was really, really disappointed in the single turbo supra that showed up from Atlanta. He got gapped by an E55 AMG.

FMX05

Established Member
What does the LT1 run? Ive run a red LT1 with the same mods at o'burg years ago. I think it had a cam though.

He only runs at Jackson. If he wants to post times he knows this thread is here. I will tell you that it only 60's high 1.7x-low 1.8x.

And it IS a 100 shot. I helped him with the nitrous :thumbsup:

Fenixfire

Slower than ever
Established Member
Ok that makes more sense.......I was gonna say.......a bolt on LT1 would still get walked by my stock mach......done that race 3 times against 3 different buddies with LT1s....

As far as a 100 shot bolt on LT1 beating a pullied cobra.........no idea. Looks strong. Good kill

Ls1z28-00

Established Member
I understand that anything can happen on the street but i own a lt1 a ls1 fbody and a 03 cobra. that should not even be a race even with the lt1 on spray. but thats how it goes sometimes i guess

2sick4v's

SonicBoom
Established Member
There are pelenty of vid's and thread's that show that anything that can happen on this site. Thanks for sharing i guess?!

Fenixfire

Slower than ever
Established Member
I understand that anything can happen on the street but i own a lt1 a ls1 fbody and a 03 cobra. that should not even be a race even with the lt1 on spray. but thats how it goes sometimes i guess

There is a kid around town here in a yellow cobra with a black soft top(vert). Its pullied, tuned and has exhaust. The kid cant drive for crap and regularly loses to cars he should be walking away from. He has lost to a stock cobalt ss, an infiniti g35 w/ exhaust only, a silverado ss(serious......) and my, at the time, stock 04 mach. Its pretty bad. I witnessed all of these races cuz we get him to race some slower cars just to get a laugh out of how bad of a driver he is.

Certainly doesnt make the car look good. :shrug:

Silver2003Cobra

US Navy (retired)
Established Member
I've raced cars on the track, and been beat that I'd destroy if I could get any traction at all in the launch.. hell the last time (and first time) I was at the track, if I floored it in till I reached the top of 3rd all I'd do is spin, so of course I was being beat by "slower" cars.. DR's should fix that problem though I hope..

FMX05

Established Member
There are pelenty of vid's and thread's that show that anything that can happen on this site. Thanks for sharing i guess?!

Several people including some Cobra owners suggested someone share it so I did. We all thought it was going to be a raping in the other direction. Wow were we wrong. It's just a reality check for the people on this site that completely discredit something as old and worn out as an LT1 F-body. 1 second off your A-game and you are toast. That's all it takes.

2sick4v's

SonicBoom
Established Member
Several people including some Cobra owners suggested someone share it so I did. We all thought it was going to be a raping in the other direction. Wow were we wrong. It's just a reality check for the people on this site that completely discredit something as old and worn out as an LT1 F-body. 1 second off your A-game and you are toast. That's all it takes.

It happens everyday lol. I have so many kill stories that people don't believe but like you said anything can happen.:thumbsup:

JMD0346

Established Member
Yeah the one I raced like that I beat pretty bad. I was only 2.93 upper at the time. 445rwhp.

The Cobra in that vid looked to be just as fast or faster then the LT1. He lost it at the line apparently. You sure they werent running Gambler? That would make more sense.

Users who are viewing this thread