LT1 camaro wants to race...

WHITE2000GT

Established Member
A guy i work with owns a 1996 or 97 LT1 camaro with exhaust, bigger injectors, a tune, cai, and is a 6 speed. He said it has the M1 package...not sure what this includes?

could i run with him with the mods listed in my sig? He said he has never lost to a mustang...and he also said he dynoed 310 rwhp back in 1998 after he put all the mods on the car. The camaro has roughly 60k miles on it.

what do you think? oh, and i will be running M/T drag radials when we run em'. We will run from a stop, and from a 25-30 roll. any suggestions?

thanks

97WHITEVENOM

Established Member
If has 310 rwhp, youll loose, if he drives well. However if he only has those mods, there is no way he gained ~60 rwhp:rolleyes: Stock is like 270hp at the crank.

swoosh_stang

I'm not evil, Trust Me
Established Member
97WHITEVENOM said:
If has 310 rwhp, youll loose, if he drives well. However if he only has those mods, there is no way he gained ~60 rwhp:rolleyes: Stock is like 270hp at the crank.

Stock LT1's were 285 at the crank. I have heard of quite a few dynoing at or slightly over 300rwhp with minor mods.

DrYeRLiNt

Horse From Hell
Established Member
WHITE2000GT said:
could i run with him with the mods listed in my sig?

I was going to say no until I read through your mods and realized you had these:

mach 1 grill delete
white face gauges

Obviously you will win as these add 60 rwhp!

....Just run him and find out.

snake134

DrYeRLiNt said:
I was going to say no until I read through your mods and realized you had these:

mach 1 grill delete
white face gauges

Obviously you will win as these add 60 rwhp!

....Just run him and find out.
funny :smmon:

thomas91169

# of bans = 5203
Established Member
IMO it will be good, if youre a good driver you likely wont get embarrassed but you will still lose in the long run.

Starfox07

Formerly XR4turbo
Established Member
Race him and find out. If/when you lose, just look down at your interior and smile knowing his is nearly unlivable and an appalling place to be :D

Double"O"

N2S come get some
Established Member
you're gonna have you hands full for sure...my money is on the LT1

ILLBITE

1 Bad GT
Established Member
"Hey guys the white face gauges may help him by seeing clearer at what rpm's to shift at while the mach 1 chin may give a little more areodynamics which may mean a faster car"(LOL)! the GT FTW! I had a freind who owned a 04 GT had CAI, Exhaust,tune 3:73's beat out a SLP modded 97 anniversary camaro in which that individual claimed he had well over 300 plus at the tires needless to say it was half a car for my buddies GT over the 97 camaro!

WHITE2000GT

Established Member
RunninRed said:
Take him...

What part of Alabama you in?

im in central alabama, right below birmingham...

thanks for the comments guys....i just found out today that he has a cam. Not sure what the specs are, nor do i know the brand. I heard the car idle, but it didnt have any lope whatsoever....sounded stock imo.

If i got a good jump from the starting line (half a car or more), do you think he would reel me in before the 1/8 mile mark? Traction will be an issue for him, unless he runs dr's, which i dont think he will....I on the other hand, will def. have dr's

thanks guys

Users who are viewing this thread