Lunch for the Z/28..:-)

CobraDOHC

12 Second Z
Established Member
Earlier today I was out cruising around and I spotted a '01 Cobra. It was red, chrome rims, everything...it was very sweet....end up talking to the kid for a minute or two at a couple of stop lights....Told him I was looking for a snake before I bought the Z....I even got a compliment on my car from the two gorgeous ladies he had in the back seat of his car....It makes it so much better when there sitting in a ford!!:D Well I asked him if he wanted to race, he was like sure lets go for it:-D ....Light turns green we both take of nice...I FINALLY GOT THE LAUNCHES DOWN!!!WOOHOO!!! He starts pulling on me and gets about a fender on me through the intersection.....I hit 6300 RPM drop her in second....almost done reving out 2nd and his rear bumper is at my front..WTF, STOP PULLING AWAY AZZHOLE!!:bash:..drop her in 3rd right before the 6500 RPM rev limiter kicks in....well boys now heres where the LT1 really shines....I started pulling on him pretty damn good got my bumper all the way to his door and drop it in fourth and keep pulling ended up pretty damn close when we shut 'em down...he was really impressed by the Z...Said he was totally stock and had actually just bought the car about a month ago or so....

Let me tell you it really felt like a mid 13 second run....Man I can't wait till the track opens around here...see what she can really do..

Personally I think the car ran pretty good....must have to run with a new Snake right?!?!

quick01snake

Your View
Established Member
Originally posted by CobraDOHC
Earlier today I was out cruising around and I spotted a '01 Cobra. It was red, chrome rims, everything...it was very sweet....end up talking to the kid for a minute or two at a couple of stop lights....Told him I was looking for a snake before I bought the Z....I even got a compliment on my car from the two gorgeous ladies he had in the back seat of his car....It makes it so much better when there sitting in a ford!!:D Well I asked him if he wanted to race, he was like sure lets go for it:-D ....Light turns green we both take of nice...I FINALLY GOT THE LAUNCHES DOWN!!!WOOHOO!!! He starts pulling on me and gets about a fender on me through the intersection.....I hit 6300 RPM drop her in second....almost done reving out 2nd and his rear bumper is at my front..WTF, STOP PULLING AWAY AZZHOLE!!:bash:..drop her in 3rd right before the 6500 RPM rev limiter kicks in....well boys now heres where the LT1 really shines....I started pulling on him pretty damn good got my bumper all the way to his door and drop it in fourth and keep pulling ended up pretty damn close when we shut 'em down...he was really impressed by the Z...Said he was totally stock and had actually just bought the car about a month ago or so....

Let me tell you it really felt like a mid 13 second run....Man I can't wait till the track opens around here...see what she can really do..

Personally I think the car ran pretty good....must have to run with a new Snake right?!?!

Good run man, I have run LT1's and most of them I can pull on, sounds like you're doing much better with the 6 speed.
Congrats

max

Established Member
Sounds like a good run. Did you have any passengers? Remember, if he had two passengers, then he had around 200 extra pounds and that is definitely a drawback for him.
Anyway tho, sounded like a good run to me.

max

Established Member
Re: yo max

Originally posted by 94svt5.0
yo max what shot of nitrous do you run?

I don't, but I've been accused before by ls-1's.

GR8WHITE

The BIG FISH
Established Member
Re: Re: yo max

Originally posted by max

I don't, but I've been accused before by ls-1's.

They know since they have to use a Sneaky Pete style shot to go 12's that obviously you must be doing the same thing. ;-):D

fangstang

Established Member
Whats with all these LS1's using nitrous? I think nitrous is an easy way to add horsepower, but its that one shot, then you have to refill all the time. They should just get a supercharger and shut the hell up. I hate nitrous.:cuss: And LS1's:cuss:

Cullen Wharton

END GAME!!!
Established Member
Good run.. Sounds like a good race.... Two hotties always help the cause, especially if they are in the other car.... :-D I raced a kid with a 175hp shot of NOS (LS1) 6-speed, he had me by half a car when we shut them down at about 140, because he almost flew into my lane and killed me.. To top it off he had h-rated tires... :bash: Regardless, I guess the "giggle gas" is big with the LS1 guys........ Sorry, just assuming...... (which I should not do) - I know......

sohowcome

Captain Obvious
Originally posted by fangstang
Whats with all these LS1's using nitrous? I think nitrous is an easy way to add horsepower, but its that one shot, then you have to refill all the time. They should just get a supercharger and shut the hell up. I hate nitrous.:cuss: And LS1's:cuss:
That would be the reason I purchased a a LT-1 with a supercharger already on it, I told Tony he should get one for his, guess we will wait and see :p

-Zach

CobraDOHC

12 Second Z
Established Member
The reason there is alot of N20 used in the LT1/LS1 world is because bolting on a supercharger to one of these engines could be disastorus....the LT1 has 10.5-1 compression and the LS1 is very close....by using the N20 they have a better chance of keeping there engines alive longer....at least until a new bottom end is put in....;-)

sohowcome

Captain Obvious
The reason there is alot of N20 used in the LT1/LS1 world is because bolting on a supercharger to one of these engines could be disastorus....the LT1 has 10.5-1 compression and the LS1 is very close....by using the N20 they have a better chance of keeping there engines alive longer....at least until a new bottom end is put in....;-)
yeah gotta love that high compression, but gotta give Chebby credit for allowing those high compression engines to run off regualar 87 octane without pinging. Also just put a intercooler on and youll have no prob..... :D

SS00Blue

Established Member

The LS1 runs at 10:1. Many LS1s run with S/Cs or Incon twin turbos set at 6# and run very well with the stock LONG block. The heads support it, and typically results in 460RWHP and 560RWTQ.

One individual out here in Waterford is running 100 octane unleaded with a 10# Incon and has 566RWHP and 600RWTQ.

Nothing wrong with those motors!

Last edited:

SS00Blue

Established Member
Re: Re: Re: yo max

Originally posted by GR8WHITE

They know since they have to use a Sneaky Pete style shot to go 12's that obviously you must be doing the same thing. ;-):D

I'm running bottom 12s with an exhaust, lid, and GMAS.

The 01s and 02s do 12s off the showroom floor.

Wishing "sneaky petes" were the reason won't make it true.

SC

Users who are viewing this thread