Lysholm blower on a Lightning??????

BearLy Legal

1993 #4118 & 2000 #4404
Established Member
Been toying with the idea of trying to make one work. I like my truck to be different and not just another Lightning with a Whipple or KB. i've only seen 1 other truck with a single blower and he used a whipple midplate and you guys have prob seen the PSE twin supercharged Lightning with twin 1.6 L blowers and custom intake. I'm looking to do the 2.3L or 3.3L blower. Has anyone on here had any luck fabbing something like this up for any kind of vehicle and can help throw some ideas around? Thanks

427Lightning

Established Member
One of the SoCal guys did his ow nLysholm 3.4 on a Gen ll. As long as they would sell you a blower you would need to fab every thing yourself. Do you have a lst gen or Gen ll?

Krwy

Established Member
One of the SoCal guys did his ow nLysholm 3.4 on a Gen ll. As long as they would sell you a blower you would need to fab every thing yourself. Do you have a lst gen or Gen ll?

Yep. I seen his truck a few times. It looked like a Whipple housing with a crazy custom plenum that wrapped around the side and over the top of the blower case.

Talking about this makes me miss my L :(

BearLy Legal

1993 #4118 & 2000 #4404
Established Member
i have both a Gen 1 & Gen 2 but want to put it on the Gen 2. Want to be different then just running a Whip or KB, and I like the stockish look of the top inlet. Not sure if i would go with the 2300 or 3300 but wanted to see what is out there. Don't want to spend a ridiculous amount more than it would cost for a KB or Whip but I wouldn't mind being in the ballpark and having something different. I've heard the 1 guy used a whipple midplate and made it work. but finding one of those for sale is like finding a unicorn humping a mermaid.

BearLy Legal

1993 #4118 & 2000 #4404
Established Member
Jazz: I'll be sending you a pm right now

Blk: yes I believe when whipple first came out they were using Lysholm blowers. I believe KB was using them as well. They were used by a bunch of companies that made kits for specific vehicles and just but their name on the blower

Users who are viewing this thread