m&h 185/55/17 on weld rts 17 x 4.5 front end shake flat spots?

ghig50

Established Member
I have a front end shake on some very lightly used weld rts wheels with m&h radials skinnies.
I don't have a tire machine at our shop so I will get them checked this week. had one ship look quickly and they said the tires where flat spotted from storage. Anyone else have this issue.i drove the car for a couple hundred miles bit no change in the shake.

Matt@DTD

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
If the tires have flat spots, driving on them like you did should have worked that out. The wheels may be mounted slightly off centered or the assemblies need to be balanced. Before attempting a re-balance, I would take the wheels off and ensure the hub pilot area and the mounting pad/center bore of the wheels are free of debris and corrosion. Then bolt the wheels back up by hand following the proper 5 lug tightening pattern linked below before torquing them to spec.

Installation Guidelines

Last edited:

ghig50

Established Member
Thanks I tried that. It looks like the tires do have a slight hop to them.
I have seen worse where I don't feel it.
they rebalanced them felt better for about 5 miles and came back maybe a belt moving?
also who has these tires in stock?

Matt@DTD

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
It's possible you have a broken belt but this is usually obvious through visual inspection so if that were the case I'd assume the tire shop would have caught that. If you're feeling a hop try rotating the tires 180 degrees on the wheel then balance. I would also chalk the tire and wheel lip as the tires may be slipping on the wheel.

Users who are viewing this thread