M&H 20" DR's

Jam421

Jam421
Established Member
Swapping my old Sticky Mickeys for the new MT ET Street S/S tires this season.
Just for fun I visited the old school M&H website & shot them an email. Some guys might be loving this. Not sure of the compound sticky + if they're as straight line rigid like the MT's but new 305x35x20 dog on the block.
http://www.mandhtires.com/M-H-Drag-Radials/305-35R20#.WqloNGeG_IV

Beercules

Established Member
If I can't get my mt slicks to go straight I'm going to switch to their big sidewall 15" DRs

biminiLX

never stock
Established Member
Premium Member
Nice to hear M&H expanding. I really liked the 325/40/18 M&H when I ran them.
-J

Dinosgt

Established Member
You guys that run DRs, how bad are they in the twisties? There are a lot of great roads out here for early morning fun with the bikers, so I run the Cup2s, but man I’m getting tired of being left at the light by ever rich boy’s 500 hp new ride ... these tires might be my next shot at redemption.

Sent from my iPhone using svtperformance.com

biminiLX

never stock
Established Member
Premium Member
Toyo now makes R888R in a 305/35/20 that’s perfect fit on our cars for what you want.
I think my NT05R handles great on the street.
-J

2011 gtcs

GT500 poster
Established Member
Premium Member
I just ordered my 315 NT05Rs for my car. I wouldn't mind picking up a set of the M&H tires. The M/T SS tires are a little unstable at high speeds so I won't run the those again.

biminiLX

never stock
Established Member
Premium Member
I just ordered my 315 NT05Rs for my car. I wouldn't mind picking up a set of the M&H tires. The M/T SS tires are a little unstable at high speeds so I won't run the those again.
I wish it wasn’t the case but it’s unfortunate there’s no perfect tire. I still run Nitto DRs on my street setups because they are the best compromise. MT and Hoosier and even M&H work better on track but I still like to make high speed pulls and not fully give up cornering, so Nitto. I didn’t have enough time with the M&H but I think the were between Nitto and MT.
-J

biminiLX

never stock
Established Member
Premium Member
Steve I will say you’ll like the 315s more on 11” than stock 9.5”
-J

Dinosgt

Established Member
Toyo now makes R888R in a 305/35/20 that’s perfect fit on our cars for what you want.
I think my NT05R handles great on the street.
-J

Is the R stickier than the regular 888? I wonder how the compound compares to my MPSS cup 2s? When its really hot out, the car will actually hook in 1st on decent concrete surfaces on a stab. But some of that might be a combination of sticky rubber and a slight lower HP output due to the heat.

Nevertheless in a heated exchange in Mexico from a dig I get walked due to traction.

Sent from my iPhone using the svtperformance.com mobile app

Dinosgt

Established Member

Good info. That’s what I worry about a bit - high speed stability and cornering. As J points out, there is no perfect tire. But the closer I can get the better. :)

Sent from my iPhone using the svtperformance.com mobile app

Jam421

Jam421
Established Member
I'm not feeling the instability with MT DR's like some describe. And..I love the straight line traction. A buddy just switch to the NT05R so I need to give him a shout as the season warms up for his assessment. We do our fair share of 20-40mph rolls out here. Being I will need new tires by summer's end I might need to see more about the M&H stability & maybe will learn if they're better on the street for the dig. But good to see they're in the 20" game.

biminiLX

never stock
Established Member
Premium Member
How high do you pull it top end in Mexico?
What psi do you run?
I personally haven’t tried a MT 20” DR only their 15-18”
-J

Last edited:

Jam421

Jam421
Established Member
I've been hard climb to 135 with 21 psi ...don't go out of my lane but during the pull & when I lift or brake it's very steady with the MT DR 20's.

Users who are viewing this thread