M&H vs MT

HURTNEM

Well Blow Me Down!!!
Established Member
I'm looking to put a 28" tall tire on my stock 17x9 wheels and I'm debating between the M&H 275/50/17 and the MT ET Street II 295/45/17. Both are 28" tall and both will fit the rim, but which one will hook the best is what I'm after.

Anyone have experience with both? Thanks.

svt4me38

BOWENZMOTORSPORTS.COM
Established Member
I'm looking to put a 28" tall tire on my stock 17x9 wheels and I'm debating between the M&H 275/50/17 and the MT ET Street II 295/45/17. Both are 28" tall and both will fit the rim, but which one will hook the best is what I'm after.

Anyone have experience with both? Thanks.

The 275- is the taller tire but 3/4 inch skinnier, running on 17s , I'd go with the 275s so you have more sidewall. ;-)

GT500RedStripe

More Power!
Established Member
How do they compare to others.

I had 305/45/18 NT05R and M/T ET Street II. I know run the 305/35/19. I like the M/T best for performance. I also can't explain why the 305/35/19 hooks better than the 305/45/18 but it does on my car. This is when the tire or street is not cold or damp. Even dew makes these dangerous.

Crusher9008

Established Member
I'm in the same boat... I'm trying to figure out if these MH are better. They make a skinnier tire for a 17x9.5 rim, but I currently run a 315 MT II and I love it... I've just never had any experience with MH... please keep experiences and opinions coming.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

04yellowcobra

Established Member
I am going out on a limb here, I don't have experience with either tire. But I will say neither is going to "hook" for you unless you start working on the suspension some.

Drag radials want a lot of hit and early. If the suspension/drivetrain is not setup to do this, you could put the Mickey Thompson XL2000 super ninja drag radial on it and it still will not hook!!!

01strokersnake

Part Time Race Car Driver
Established Member
I am going out on a limb here, I don't have experience with either tire. But I will say neither is going to "hook" for you unless you start working on the suspension some.

Drag radials want a lot of hit and early. If the suspension/drivetrain is not setup to do this, you could put the Mickey Thompson XL2000 super ninja drag radial on it and it still will not hook!!!

You don't happen to have an extra pair of MT XL2000 SNDR's laying around by chance do you? lol

Crusher9008

Established Member
Sorry man just sold the last pair to Chuck Norris last night!!! hahaha

Lol....nice, I like this... trust me I have the suspension... just need to put 740 whp to the ground using a 17x9.5 dark star rim.. wanting to know some real world experance with these two tires...

04yellowcobra

Established Member
Lol....nice, I like this... trust me I have the suspension... just need to put 740 whp to the ground using a 17x9.5 dark star rim.. wanting to know some real world experance with these two tires...

What 60' and 330' has the car gone currently? Any video? With your power level I would say 1.3Xs should be routine.

People have done a lot more with less tire and more power!

Crusher9008

Established Member
What 60' and 330' has the car gone currently? Any video? With your power level I would say 1.3Xs should be routine.
Currently I'm getting used to the car and have not been able to run consistent times.

People have done a lot more with less tire and more power!
Yes I have IRS. However I have everything done to the rear end I could possibly do. Long list of mods and $5k plus.

Just to put caution out there if you are running with an IRS do not use DRs at the track. Ask me how I know.

stang8psi

Established Member
Not used on a cobra but I use M&H 275/45/18 on my 2011 5.0 with 640rwhp and it hooks very well.

itSSlow98

Established Member
ET Street IIs here(305/35/18) and I can dead hook in any gear. I also have a solid rear with full suspension which helps. Ive even driven in a good rain with the M/T and never had an issue spool and all.

GT500RedStripe

More Power!
Established Member
ET Street IIs here(305/35/18) and I can dead hook in any gear. I also have a solid rear with full suspension which helps. Ive even driven in a good rain with the M/T and never had an issue spool and all.

The turbo lag probably keeps yours from breaking loose off the line. My car would blow them off in 1st gear anywhere including a well prepped track. What is your average 60' with them?

Users who are viewing this thread