m5 swap

poopnut2

Lifelong Vagetarian
Established Member
Try stangnet.com in their tech articles. Maybe they have something.

You should just need a tranny, maybe a new PCM, flywheel, clutch, shifter, driveshaft, and I think that's it. But I've never done the swap so I don't really know.

FISHTAIL

Will Work For Mods
Established Member
Don't forget the pedals(these are a bitch), clutch cable, quadrant, TO bearring, pilot bearring, and bellhouseing. You shouldn't need a new PCM because the AOD isn't computer controlled, but I would look into it. You will need to plug the trans lines in your radiator though. You may also need a new spedo gear, I can't remeber if the AOD and T-5 share the same one. You'll need the interior trim peices to go around the shifter. And like poopnut2, I'm probably forgetting something.

As for the price, there are a few companies out there that sell swap kits. They usually run between 1500-2000 dollars in parts for a T-5 kit. More if you want to get an upgraded trans. stangnet, corral, mustangcentral or one of the other 5.0 sites will probably have more information on the step by step. I've pulled pleanty of transmissions out, but I also have never done the swap myself. If you post on mustangsandmore and ask for GTROCKS he can give you alot more info since he has done the swap.

Users who are viewing this thread