MA Inspection issues SOLVED

Warrior627

Established Member
Here's my story, Went to MPE on 4/13/13 before any tune I wanted a base line of the Diablo chip tune from Amazon the previous owner had in the Cobra = 443/455

After MPE tune = 441/492 had high idle lag at stop signs that lasted about 20 seconds or so of 1100/1200 rpm then would settle down to 700/800 and CEL light on for O2. Total time on dyno 5.5 hrs (11 dyno pulls)

Just got back from Pete's (4/23/13) in NH and made 474/528 with no changes from when I went to MPE or from purchasing my 03 Cobra on 1/12/13. No high idle lag, no CEL, all sensors ready. I'm ready to go get my Mass Inspection right NOW. Total time on dyno 1.0 hr (2 dyno pulls)

I'm not posting this to point fingers or bash anyone, I spent money that I didn't have to, wasted time I don't have, and stressed way too much. I don't blame anyone but myself for not listening to some of the veterans here on SVTP and MassDSGsvt for all for his time/help. My recommendation to anyone having a modded 03/04 Cobra or GT/Mach 1 needing to get a Mass Inspection and make some great HP/TQ safely is take the trip to Pete. I can't say it any simpler. Pete is a Cobra tuning God, super nice guy and when you're on the dyno its just you and him, no phone calls no distractions.

BTW both dyno's were Dyno Jets ~ All numbers are SAE corrected

Last edited:

GOTSVT?

This Is Absolution
Established Member
Pete is the go to guy.
Has bailed out numerous people, has fixed other reputable tuners problems as well.
Go get that sticker!

Mystic1199

Established Member
sounds like same thing that happened to me about 11 years ago before tuning was big ...that shop tuned it with a mail order tune and high idle and car would stall an instead of fixing it blamed sensors and raised idle screws and such ...

glad its all taken care of for ya ...you still want that TB its ready for pick up .

notchstang92

Spoolin'
Established Member
Chris @ MPE is a nice enough guy, but he isn't Pete and you can see the difference now. One of the first things I noticed about Pete when I went there is the same thing you did. He doesn't answer the phone when tuning your car. He focuses on your car and thats it. Nothing worse than watching a guy work on your car while on the phone w/ someone else.

Users who are viewing this thread