MAC 3 inch exhaust.

black03

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
Thinking of making a change from my bassani exhaust. I saw that Lethal has the Mac 3 inch exhaust in flat black... Mac 03-04 Cobra 3 System with 3.5 Stainless Tips [MAC-TK3499] : Lethal Performance, Performance parts for Ford Mustangs

Any body have pics of the MAC 3 inch posted above on their cars?

Any sound clips of MAC 3 inch exhaust.

Thank you in advance.

M

Just to let you know MAC discontinued the Durablack coating on all of their exhaust systems a while back. They now come uncoated.

As far as sound clips try youtube. I'm sure you can find a bunch on there.

Please let us know if you have any other questions.

Thanks, Jared

Duran

Matador
Established Member
Just to let you know MAC discontinued the Durablack coating on all of their exhaust systems a while back. They now come uncoated.

As far as sound clips try youtube. I'm sure you can find a bunch on there.

Please let us know if you have any other questions.

Thanks, Jared

Not good. So what forms do they come in? Stainless or Aluminum? Ill try youtube for sound clip.

I am trying to go with a full 3 inch exhaust. Do you recommend another brand 3 inch exhaust with a 3 inch mid pipe as well?

M

Last edited:

black03

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
Not good. So what forms do they come in? Stainless or Aluminum? Ill try youtube for sound clip.

I am trying to go with a full 3 inch exhaust. Do you recommend another brand 3 inch exhaust with a 3 inch mid pipe as well?

M

Most of MAC's stuff is aluminized. Some are Stainless which are obviously more expensive. I'm not sure if they offer their 3" system in stainless but I can find out.

As far as other 3" systems go the only other one I know if that will mate with your stock or aftermarket 2.5" X-pipe is the Bassani one.

Keep in mind as well the MAC and Bassani systems neck down to 2.5" where it mates to the midpipe. Then it steps up a a 3" system from there back.

Hope that helps.

Jared

Screamin Cobra

Slam'd Cam'd Z06
Established Member
M, a buddy and I installed a MAC 2.5'' cb on his 04 Cobra. He has an offroad X pipe and stock exhaust manifolds. I'll try to get an exhaust clip of it as soon as I can and post it up for you. After you hear it you'll be sold, Jared will hook you up! :rockon:

i8urSS

Established Member
i just installed the prochamber with the 2.5" ss mac c/b and i love it. i had magnaflow before which was ok but only sounded good when getting on it. i literally had an eargasm when i put on the mac.

HotWheelsNutty

Established Member
I called Mac a few weeks back about a SS version of the 3 inch system. The guy I talked to said they made this system a few years back but it was not that popular due to the significantly higher cost so they stopped making it.

So maybe someone out there has one of the SS 3 inch systems and can share with us?

Cheers,
Tim

4.6snakedoc

Established Member
I have a MAC 3" black catback system on my 04 cobra I am looking to change to Bassani etc. shoot me a PM and maybe we can switch.

Duran

Matador
Established Member
What mods do you have to warrant the 3"?

Ported eaton + Nitrous. Really just wanted some thing different. I had the Maggie and bassani catback already.

I saw a thread on MF where some one with 600+ hp switched to a 3 inch exhaust all the way through and it dropped his time and increased his MPH by 3-5mph. Wanted to see if I was going to reep the same benefit.

M

SRT_2_SVT

Established Member
M, a buddy and I installed a MAC 2.5'' cb on his 04 Cobra. He has an offroad X pipe and stock exhaust manifolds. I'll try to get an exhaust clip of it as soon as I can and post it up for you. After you hear it you'll be sold, Jared will hook you up! :rockon:

I want to hear this myself!

I have a bassani O/R X and catback but i kinda want to sell the catback to try something else.

I know i dont want blowmasters and Magnaflow is too quiet for me. SLP is an option but the ones i have heard sound obnoxious like glasspacks and they pop and crackle like no other.

Really deciding between the mac or borla stinger catbacks if i change it...

Would consider changing my midpipe but the bassani O/R X seems to mate well with pretty much anything...

4.6snakedoc

Established Member
I have stock manifold with OR X 2.5" and a 3" MAC cb. I just bought a magnaflow CB to switch because the MAC is too loud.

RussZTT

Established Member
Would be interesting if someone could weld a bung to a 2½ exhaust, put a boost gauge on it to see how restricted if it is on an Eaton car.

Lstruck03

Man Pedal User
Established Member
I just ordered a 2.5" o.r pro chamber and 3" mac catback to replace my kooks o/r x and steeda "borla" .. ill post a vid next week of it. I can't wait!

Users who are viewing this thread