MAC CAI

GIDIEUP

Established Member
Can anyone tell me about the MAC CAI?

I have heard both good and bad. I have heard stories about cars running to rich after the mod and also cars having a hard time idling.

Any stories would be helpful. I want to research this some more before I get this mod. Some people said it helped while others said it didn't do a darn thing besides look good.

Cheers:beer:
Ryan

trplblacksnake

Alcohol disposal unit!
Established Member
I have done a little bit of research on this subject and have found its not the actual piping that does the idle prob it is the maf. Its not "tuned" correctly for a cold air. Its has something to do about the 90* bend right before the maf. It creates "static" in the signal. Just what I have read. Cant exactly find where I read that. I thought it was on the Pro M sight but cant find it now.

GIDIEUP

Established Member
Originally posted by trplblacksnake
I have done a little bit of research on this subject and have found its not the actual piping that does the idle prob it is the maf. Its not "tuned" correctly for a cold air. Its has something to do about the 90* bend right before the maf. It creates "static" in the signal. Just what I have read. Cant exactly find where I read that. I thought it was on the Pro M sight but cant find it now.

Yeah, well if you find it please PM me. I was actually thinking about getting the CAI from MAC(as you can see). So what is the problem with Flowmasters?

Black_Sunshine

Established Member
I read the same thing on a C&L brochure. They say do not use CAI with their meters because of the static. I am going back and forth on this one also. Just need a little more info than what C&L gave me. Their web site has been down for a while now, so i guess we have to keep looking.

Pro-M web site is www.pro-flow.com

Peace...B_S

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread