mac "cat-back"

lilnatedogg21

Established Member
I am wanting to buy the mac 2 1/2 in. cat-back system with 2 1/2 in tips. I already have a mac pro chamber and i was just wondering if anybody had this setup, or something simlar. What are your thought about it. Does it sound good....is it loud and deep? thanx

1 BA SVT

your momma likes it
Established Member
I have the mac cat back on my car with an off-road h. I like the way it sounds, especially wide open. My buddy had the pro-chamber and the cat back but got rid off the pro-chamber because it quited down the exhaust to much.:D

Vnomss1

Established Member
I thought it was definately deeper, and meaner than the flowmasters. I like the way the system looks. Also cause the pipes are separated over the axle so they don't look turned down coming out the back. They are always straight. Looks Good.

akatherazor4

If you see this tag, Run!
Established Member
Has anyone had the MAC catback for a decent amount of time? I am curious how it holds up along with the Flowpath mufflers. I am also looking to buy one.

Thanks for any help.:beer:

Razor.

Ram Rod

Got Truck?
Established Member
I have the entire Mac system including log tubes going to be installed this week. I had to wait for those headers to be coated. <Sigh> I want my exhaust:cryying:

1 BA SVT

your momma likes it
Established Member
Originally posted by akatherazor4
Has anyone had the MAC catback for a decent amount of time? I am curious how it holds up along with the Flowpath mufflers. I am also looking to buy one.

Thanks for any help.:beer:

Razor.

I have had my cat back for over a year now and haven't had any problems with it. I had more problems with the welds on my h-pipe (it's a no name brand) cracking and leaking.

akatherazor4

Established Member
Originally posted by 1 BA SVT
I have had my cat back for over a year now and haven't had any problems with it. I had more problems with the welds on my h-pipe (it's a no name brand) cracking and leaking.

Thanks for the info.:beer:

Razor.

hantzis

Established Member
I just got the MAC 2.5" catback w/2.5" tips on my 97 Cobra. I only have the resonators gutted on my stock h-pipe. The sound is deep and throaty from 1900-2400rpms, then it sounds only a tad louder than w/the stock catback and resonator gutted h-pipe.
I really like the chrome look. I'm a bit skeptical of how much hp/tq I gained. I'm guessing between 3-5ft/lb of torque since I can't really feel a difference.

SnakeDriver97

Newly Minted Ensign
Established Member
I've had mine for about 8 months now. Love the sound. It's not as "Blah" as the F/M's. Only problem is I can't keep the chrome pipes clean. Of course I just went through a rainy season with a little snow. That could be to blame.

akatherazor4

Established Member
Originally posted by SnakeDriver97
I've had mine for about 8 months now. Love the sound. It's not as "Blah" as the F/M's. Only problem is I can't keep the chrome pipes clean. Of course I just went through a rainy season with a little snow. That could be to blame.

Mothers aluminum polish works very well on the pipes. I have had mine for about 2 months now and it has been great so far.

Razor.

The Saint

Cookie Monster
Established Member
Originally posted by lilnatedogg21
I am wanting to buy the mac 2 1/2 in. cat-back system with 2 1/2 in tips. I already have a mac pro chamber and i was just wondering if anybody had this setup, or something simlar. What are your thought about it. Does it sound good....is it loud and deep? thanx

You want that to sound good? Them dump the mufflers... :-D

Users who are viewing this thread