Mac Longtubes Install Pointers

Biff-Mach1

Established Member
right now I have the SLP SL mufflers. there the baffled mufflers(not the LM1 or LM2). with the mac long tubes and off road x there quiet at lower rpms and open up nicely up top. not raspy at all and no drone. that's on the mach. the cobra has bassani headers and off road xpipe with borlas. its down right now, rebuilding the engine. the bassani and especially the borlas are coming off. unless you like that drone stay away from borlas, LM1 etc

MC.Mafia904

Established Member
I'm see how it sound ' i'm running borla stingers now... and if its Nasty Raspy " I'll Add A Set of Highflow Cats to tune it down a bit ' ?

MC.Mafia904

Established Member
Hey Biff ' i'm With you Man' To Hell with Cats.... I'm gonna let my Pony run Free ' No Saddle Thanks For the Advice bro '

Last edited:

MC.Mafia904

Established Member
Ok... Guy the Mac Longtubes and the Mac xpipe are installed .... The Gears and new aluminum Driveshaft Will be Installed Later today.

Mattstang04

Established Member
Had to revive this old thread for an important update. Couple of weeks ago, I found a yellow oil puddle underneath the passenger side of the car. The header burned through the AC line that runs above it. The line runs from evaporator to condenser. It let every ounce of gas, oil, sealer, and dye out of the system.

The good news is the line is easy to replace. I also wrapped a 1" heater hose around it the encased it in cool tape for additional heat insulation. Then use wire ties to pull the line up and away from the header.

Bad new is that AC line was not cheap from Ford. But the OEM stuff fits like a glove so that's the way I went.

In the future save yourself the pain and wire up the AC line if you get longtubes.

Monkeygrits

Newb SVT Poster
Established Member
Have you guys had issues with corrosion now that you've had the Mac longtubes on for a while? I going with longtubes/Mac offroad prochamber/Borla stingers. Just wondering if I should just pony up for Kooks instead of Mac headers. I plan on keeping my car so I'm only trying to do it once. My installer can fix any fitment issues from the Kooks to the Prochamber if need be.

Last edited:

Biff-Mach1

Established Member
Have you guys had issues with corrosion now that you've had the Mac longtubes on for a while? I going with longtubes/Mac offroad prochamber/Borla stingers. Just wondering if I should just pony up for Kooks instead of Mac headers. I plan on keeping my car so I'm only trying to do it once. My installer can fix any fitment issues from the Kooks to the Prochamber if need be.

well the mac headers are doing great. but its garaged and never sees rain. for the price and power im making there great. I would get them coated with a actual ceramic coating instead of the cheap one it comes with. I would stay away from the stingers unless you love that drone sound

if you want to do it right the first time and have the money then go with ARH or Kooks and get them coated. I recommend swain coatings. its actually ceramic coating instead of high temp paint.

Last edited:

Monkeygrits

Newb SVT Poster
Established Member
well the mac headers are doing great. but its garaged and never sees rain. for the price and power im making there great. I would get them coated with a actual ceramic coating instead of the cheap one it comes with. I would stay away from the stingers unless you love that drone sound

if you want to do it right the first time and have the money then go with ARH or Kooks and get them coated. I recommend swain coatings. its actually ceramic coating instead of high temp paint.
I already have stingers. No drone. You're actually the first person I've heard say they drone. It had chambered flowmasters on it when I purchased it and it droned bad. Then I went to stainless steel systems adrenalins. They sounded OK but the fitment and quality of them sucked so I settled on stingers.
getting the headers coated sounds like a good idea. My car never sees rain either. He'll it only has 15k miles on it. What about wrapping them for heat on top of it?
I wouldn't think you would need to coat kooks headers because they're stainless and won't corrode. I guess to help with heat. Maybe I'm wrong.

Last edited:

Biff-Mach1

Established Member
I already have stingers. No drone. You're actually the first person I've heard say they drone. It had chambered flowmasters on it when I purchased it and it droned bad. Then I went to stainless steel systems adrenalins. They sounded OK but the fitment and quality of them sucked so I settled on stingers.
getting the headers coated sounds like a good idea. My car never sees rain either. He'll it only has 15k miles on it. What about wrapping them for heat?
I wouldn't think you would need to coat kooks headers because they're stainless and won't corrode. Maybe I'm wrong.
that's wierd I hear the opposite. Well ya if there stainless then they won't rust but I care more about heat. Depends on what your power adders are, what your using it for, budget etc. Like on my cobra I'm planning on ARH with swain white lightning coating with maybe a wrap. I also have the swain coating on my down pipe for my 7.3 diesel.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

Monkeygrits

Newb SVT Poster
Established Member
that's wierd I hear the opposite. Well ya if there stainless then they won't rust but I care more about heat. Depends on what your power adders are, what your using it for, budget etc. Like on my cobra I'm planning on ARH with swain white lightning coating with maybe a wrap. I also have the swain coating on my down pipe for my 7.3 diesel.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk
Sounds good. I'm staying N/A. I think headers and a tune might be the last of it unless I get a ported intake done. Just did rearend with 31 spline axles/Trac loc and 4.10s. No plans on cams either. It's just my weekend cruiser/ occasional track visit. Might have it for a while so I want something that's not gonna corrode. Just missed a set of stainless Works headers on Mach 1 registry for the price of the Macs

my04mach

Established Member
Had to revive this old thread for an important update. Couple of weeks ago, I found a yellow oil puddle underneath the passenger side of the car. The header burned through the AC line that runs above it. The line runs from evaporator to condenser. It let every ounce of gas, oil, sealer, and dye out of the system.

The good news is the line is easy to replace. I also wrapped a 1" heater hose around it the encased it in cool tape for additional heat insulation. Then use wire ties to pull the line up and away from the header.

Bad new is that AC line was not cheap from Ford. But the OEM stuff fits like a glove so that's the way I went.

In the future save yourself the pain and wire up the AC line if you get longtubes.

Good tip! I will remember that when I finally decide to get a set of headers.

my04mach

Established Member
Sounds good. I'm staying N/A. I think headers and a tune might be the last of it unless I get a ported intake done. Just did rearend with 31 spline axles/Trac loc and 4.10s. No plans on cams either. It's just my weekend cruiser/ occasional track visit. Might have it for a while so I want something that's not gonna corrode. Just missed a set of stainless Works headers on Mach 1 registry for the price of the Macs

Lol I saw those too! The seller is a guy that takes care of his stuff really well too. I'm just not ready right now or I'd have jumped on them myself.

Monkeygrits

Newb SVT Poster
Established Member
Lol I saw those too! The seller is a guy that takes care of his stuff really well too. I'm just not ready right now or I'd have jumped on them myself.
Yeah I purchased off of him before good guy. I purchased his Azure blue powdercoated coil covers and sold mine on here lol

Users who are viewing this thread