Mac or BBK offroad H-Pipe..etc?

97BlackCobra

I am going to buy myself an H-Pipe for my 97 snake this week...which one is better quality and sounds the best? BBK is a little higher price wise, i am leaning toward the BBK right now.

I was going to order a 4:30 FRPP ring and pinion as well, the installation kit is 125 bucks extra...is that worth it? Speedcal is also 100 bucks...damn gear swap is going to be high...I just hope I dont experience any vibrations on the highway...its the only mod that has me worried.

Sorry if this is a repeat

stay cool
J

SNSTR_SNK

Established Member
BBK! u can get it @cj pony parts for 155 which is about 25 bucks cheaper than summit and they carry steedas mil eliminators for 50-55 bucks i think the total price was 237.37 just installed last week so its kinda fresh in my mind. as for the gears i don't understand what you mean by having a vibration problem. if you've got a vibration after a gear install your mechanic needs to be shot! as long as you go to someone competent you will have no problems at all, btw fms gears r the only way to go:)

txSVT

Established Member
I have a MAC O/R H on the way...they have now come out with a 3 piece easy install version that is coated in Dura-black paint for extra protection against the elements

97BlackCobra

thanks again! BBK is going to be the one, I almost bought one off of Ebay for 130 with MIL's, it was used..afraid to get ripped off..etc

z28sseater

Established Member
I have a mac offroad h-pipe, and i have no complaints it had a nice fitment, no problems. i also used to have a mac hi-flo cats h-pipe, and that was nice too, i used to scrape the cats a bit but thats about it. bbk and mac both have nice quality, my dad has a mac cai and i have a bbk cai, and their both nice.

Users who are viewing this thread