MAC or BBK

98gtstang

www.snma.net
Established Member
Hey everyone I need help on which headers and H-pipe I should get. Its going to be eather MAC LT headers and O/R H-pipe or BBK LT and O/R H-pipe. I know that MAC is cheeper but am I going to regret it and get what I pay for:shrug: Please help with this decision between MAC or BBK.

silveroush281

ITBLOWZBYE
Established Member
I really hate BBk,had a lot problems with there products.that's just my two cents on the matter.

Stang"X"

Established Member
Just another suggestion U might consider is the MAC ProChamber o/r pipes instead of the regular Mac o/r H-pipe.
I myself am looking into the Prochamber O/R w/ MagnaFlow or MagnaPacks catback sytems. ( if anybody had any clue on how this setup might sound please let me know, Thanx!)

98gtstang

www.snma.net
Established Member
Originally posted by Stang"X"
Just another suggestion U might consider is the MAC ProChamber o/r pipes instead of the regular Mac o/r H-pipe.
I myself am looking into the Prochamber O/R w/ MagnaFlow or MagnaPacks catback sytems. ( if anybody had any clue on how this setup might sound please let me know, Thanx!)
Actually I changed my mind about the O/R H-pipe and am looking into getting the Prochamber :-D Good luck with your set up.

poopnut2

Lifelong Vagetarian
Established Member
Originally posted by SvtKobra96
Go with MAC great HP and mean sound, especially with the mac o/r h-pipe. You wont regret it.

I can guarantee you that it won't sound different from the BBK headers and pipe. It's just metal pipes. However, quality would have to go to BBK. Their ceramic headers look great and stay that way. Plus they seem to seal better then MAC ones.

I know someone with them and a BBK offroad X on his 98' and it looks and sounds awesome.

xVENOMx

straight boostin
Established Member
mac= poor quality
bbk= good quality

i think u kno what to do

Blackgeetee

Established Member
Originally posted by xVENOMx
mac= poor quality
bbk= good quality

i think u kno what to do

MAC may not be as high a quality as BBK, but I would NOT call it poor quality by any means. Mine is now over 2 years old, and is holding up fine. And that's even with it driven in the snow and salt....

VETTKLR

Established Member
I favor the BBK headers. I like the one-piece flanges that bolt onto the heads. You don't have to wrestle around each header tube on the head with a pry bar to get everything to bolt up. I've done 3 BBK Header projects, and each one went great.

The Mac Pro Chamber on some BBK Long-Tubes will sound crazy! Kinda like a Super bike wrapping up, instead of that familiar V-8 rumble. I dig 'em.

Jkstang78

Established Member
ok some problems with the mac setup espcailly on the foxbody is that the one of the primary tubes runs right under the steering shaft. So my mac long tube all ways hit the dam shaft. That is the only problem. Yes go with the Mac pro-chamber, It is one of the better off road pipes outthere.So just make sure that the mac don't do that on the sn95 mustangs.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread