Mac Prochamber

ducci610

Established Member
Hey guys, anyone running a Mac prochamber mid pipe and if so how do you like it? I currently have stock headers, H pipe w/ high flow cats and Flowmaster catback. Looking to add an off road mid pipe for a better sound, HP gains are not a concern. Have heard some sound clips of the prochamber with this set up and it sounds great. Thanks

WillyB93

Established Member
Well haven't messed with many exhaust setups, whatever you do keep your stock pipes in full contact and good shape since there has been 2 sets sell on ebay in the last month for like 1500 dollars. Check the thread for someone wanted these bad in this same thread.

Last edited:

UWISSSH

Underground 93 Guru
Established Member
He said he has Flowmasters but yeah if he has the stock un-cut exhaust he should probably hang on to it, or sell it asap while the market is hot!

I wouldn't think the brand of mid pipes would make much difference, the big difference is between H-pipes and X-pipes. The x pipes give our cars a little more of a mod motor type sound. I personally like the "classic" off road H-pipe with flowmaster sound but that's just me. I'm running BBK equals, BBK H-pipe and Flowmasters and love the sound. I do get some crap for running BBK's and not something nicer, but they were on the car when I bought it in 97 and sound great so I never replaced them.

ducci610

Established Member
thanks guys, as i said i have a aftermarket h-pipe w/ high flow cats and a flowmaster catback on the car now. So im not cutting any original pipes and im keeping the stock headers. I wanted to see if anyone is running a off road Mac prochamber H-pipe. I want to go to an off road setup and heard prochamber has a great sound

1slohawk

Established Member
I run a prochamber on my car and have no complaints they fit good. It sounds great imo, but the car also isn't stock.

BHAM

Established Member
i would go with an xpipe into a straight through design, its a win win situation. you get the added power of no restriction, and a great sound at idle, not to mention a killer wot roar!

also the less restriction in an exhaust system, the more power it can make. chambered muffs are really restrictive.

i use a 14 inch oval track race muffler, its a straight through design and it meets the 90 decible sound limit for the roundy round guys. it looks VERY similar to a glasspack but is not. they are super cheap. i pay 13 bux each for them and 45 bux for my x ....have the muffler shop bend pipe and weld it all together for 100 bux. cheap, easy, and in my opinion the best performing setup ive came across.

hope this helps

Users who are viewing this thread