MAC sucks!!!!

MysticSnake5

Established Member
Ok first off I know you get what you pay for and when you don't pay alot you shouldn't expect alot:bash: . Well got my 2 1/2 o/r H and catback and now I have a burned gas tank cover, a rattle coming from the right muffler tube and having to tighten the bolts weekly:fm: . Getting old really fast. Any body have this problem?

phillySVT

Bang Bang
Established Member
MysticSnake5 said:
Ok first off I know you get what you pay for and when you don't pay alot you shouldn't expect alot:bash: . Well got my 2 1/2 o/r H and catback and now I have a burned gas tank cover, a rattle coming from the right muffler tube and having to tighten the bolts weekly:fm: . Getting old really fast. Any body have this problem?

You might need new hardware on your h-pipe. Mine did the same thing from being taken off so much. The cat-back sits to far back.

ReVviNg HiGh

Rev it up!
Established Member
Mac midpipes suck too. Love the way the prochamber sounds, but cant get ti to stop leaking on the drivers side manifold. I even used the insert they give in the kit.

SteelersVenom06

Fade to Black
Established Member
Seems like its really hit or miss with MAC. Their tolerances at the factory need to be tightened up or something. Some units fit like crap, some fit perfect.

I mated a Prochamber with the stock manifolds and catback and have no problems. Another guy a couple weeks ago did the same thing and had all sorts of trouble.

Sorry to hear of the troubles. Good luck with the fix.

Buds03Cobra

Established Member
I just got a used prochamber of the SVT site and put it on with a new Flowbasterd cat back. Tack welded the cat back.
No leaks, no ratels, not hiting any place.

You realy need to take you time when putting it on and not just crank on one blot and then the other. If you do them even and take your time you wont have any leaks. use a jack and a long pry bar to get every thing where you want it. When you hit the bolts, it will stay in place.

OmahaStang

Established Member
mac

I purchased a 3 piece o/r h-pipe off of ebay that was a mac and I didnt' have a bit of problem with it at all. Bolted up very easily and was simple.

I no longer have it for it wasn't my cup of tea but I didn't have a problem with the quality of it. Now i'm going to attempt a BBK X/o/r pipe. Heard bad things about them too but price was right so figured I would try it.

2003 Silver

Banned
I-CAN-STANG said:
Sorry for you luck. I just had Mac LT's and Prochamber installed. So far I'm loving it!

Me too! Did you go catless?? I welded in cats...almost seems too quiet lol!!!

cobraCMDR

I Whine
Established Member
my mac 3 inch cat back is fine. It had clearance issues around the diff dampener, but when I installed my mm diff bushings I removed that stuff and now it has plenty of room. The tip brackets suck but I made some new brackets from 15 bucks worth of hardware from home depot.

You get what you pay for. I would rather spend some extra time making it fit right for the great sound you get. I always get asked, what exhaust you have?

I'm putting a vrs offroad x on in a few weeks, it comes with that coupler, do you guys think I need the passenger side manifold gasket? I bet it is going to sound sick like gone in 10 seconds :)

silvercobramike

Established Member
Are the MAC mufflers chambered like flowmaster. I had 40 series flows on my 2v GT and they rattled like crazy on decel. Some of the video/soundclips kind of remind me of my old setup (bbk O/R x pipe with it also). How does it compare in volume to say SLP or flowmaster. Cost wise it seems MAC is the best. Someone should post a poll of who uses what and how they like it.

Snakebite2k3

Pray For The Dead To Rise
Established Member
you roll a dice when you buy MAC products. im picky as hell about parts so i dont risk buying MAC OR UPR, i went with stinger C/B and MRT catted H :)

i love the sound of MAC though:rockon:

Last edited:

BANDIT HPT

Established Member
I'm half way thru my 3" mac install. So far it bolting up just fine. I just have the driver side bolted up but it fits pretty good. It surprised me that a 3" exhaust fits so snug under the car. My M55 exhaust hung down much lower. I just hope the passenger side goes on as smoothly tomorrow.

LS-WHAT

why-try
Established Member
man i got the 3" cb, the dang thing melted my gas tank cover to. and its crooked, so my tip hang off to the side on the driver side. man was i pissed. but other than that no other trouble yet and love the sound. know that i say that the dang thing will fall off tom. well any way iam in the same boat!

Users who are viewing this thread