MACA at Summit Point Karts Sunday April 11-Cruise and Go Kart Racing

gcassidy

One more lap!
Established Member
I'd like to have a MACA cruise to Summit Point Raceway in nearby West Virginia (just past Harpers Ferry), and then those that want to can take part in some good 'ol Go Kart racing...at Summit Point Karts! :banana:

We can have around 20 drivers take part in the karts, with a GP format. That means a practice round, a qualifying race, and a final GP race. All together, an hour of high-speed go karting. This will run $65 per driver, unless you want to become a member of SPK (a few of us are already). If you have a helmet (full face), you can bring it. They also have free loaners if you don't. And all drivers will wear a supplied driver's suit. But don't feel intimidated, any one can do this. No need to be a corner-carver, or kart jockey. Everyone racing will have FUN!:dancenana:

I've got the date confirmed, just waiting on the time. Shooting for 1 PM. Cruise route and schedule to be determined later. For those just wanting to cruise out and watch, they have plenty of paved parking, a grandstand, and room for chairs, etc. There'll also be stuff going on at the other race tracks at Summit Point-like car or bike races. I haven't checked the schedule yet.

I'll need confirmations from those that want to race. I'd like to collect ahead of time since I'll be out the $$$ if we don't get a full count, but if you can't pay till you get there, I'll take you at your word. I can take PayPal or checks by mail. PM me for info.

Here's the SPK web site:
Summit Point Kart

Here's the Summit Point web site:
Summit Point Motorsports Park

Here's the video from their web site:
[nomedia="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BHyQHK_hINg"]YouTube- Racing at Summit Point Kart[/nomedia]

Racing:
gcassidy-Greg
04yellowcobra-Jason +1 *CONFIRMED*
sunburned-Dale *PAID*
Tims97SVT-Tim *CONFIRMED*
Kens03Cobra-Ken +1 *C)NFIRMED*
Finaltheorem47-Joe *PAID*_OUT-CLUTCH
Wheelhopper-Doug +1 *CONFIRMED*
TGS2-Tim +1 *PAID*
ScottinSSMD-Scott *CONFIRMED*
HURTNEM-Rod *CONFIRMED*
bloomy63-Jason +1 *PAID*
Venimus03-Richie *PAID*
03KenneBellGT-Zack *PAID*
chris900-Chris +1 *CONFIRMED*
Fishtail-Mike *CONFIRMED*

Last edited:

kens03cobra

COILED
Established Member
Greg, Di and I are in and we have to figure out how I can get in on the cruise? :banana::banana:

Depending on how many we have, we may be able to pull off a BBQ here at the house...hope the snow is gone by then.

Ken

gcassidy

One more lap!
Established Member
Greg, Di and I are in and we have to figure out how I can get in on the cruise? :banana::banana:

Depending on how many we have, we may be able to pull off a BBQ here at the house...hope the snow is gone by then.

Ken

Your Focus looks so innocent in your sig pic.
Like a virgin.

TDoh

Torquey Pig
Established Member
In for the cruise at least...

For now I'll defer the karting to those under 250 lbs (Jason would probably lap me!) unless you don't get enough people signed up.

wheelhopper

Established Member
I'm in, +1, for a total of 2. Let me know when you want to get paid Greg, and how you prefer it.

Last edited:

sunburned

I miss my torque
Established Member
Yeah, the DD days are over...it will be seeing Piper soon:banana::banana:

Ken

:beer::beer:

Cage time??

Man, there are some things I've wanted in a car that I've already achieved (blower, bigger blower, lifted/locked) and some stuff I want to achieve (turbos, cage, etc). Must be nice to have 3 SVT's though.

04yellowcobra

Established Member
Westminster and surrounding area going to be dominating this .... maybe we can start the cruise in Westminster!

Users who are viewing this thread