MACA Catoctin Mt Cruise - Reschedule....

Blk03SVTCobra

Established Member
I'm setting my clock back tonight before I go to bed. Don't forget!! Otherwise, you'll be REALLY early. :-D

I also realzied that very few people probably know where we're meeting tomorrow and how to get there. Well, I'll try to fix that as best as I can right now.

We're meeting at the State farm Building in Frederick, MD. Here is the exact address for you MapQuest fiends:

One State Farm Drive
Frederick, MD 21709-1000

Directions: From Route 15 North, take a right onto Monocacy Boulevard and proceed until you encounter the State Farm Building on your right.

It's a HUGE building, so I would venture to say it's impossible to miss. :thumbsup:

The only thing I'm not 100% sure of is the cruise route that SVTOA followed. There's a ton of backroads and I have no idea which ones they took. I hope someone's going on this one who went last time. I think Ken did, so hopefully he'll be willing to be the lead car this time. Either way, I will be in the parking lot of the State Farm Building tomorrow morning no later than 9:45.

Oh yea, and for those of you who don't know (or would just like to forget... Jason :-D )

YEA TERPS!! BIIIIIGGGGGG UPSET TODAY!!

Fear the Turtle... :thumbsup:

Hissssnsvt

Proud MACA Member
Established Member
Well guys, I just got back from driving around Catoctin Mountain trying to figure out a good route for us to take in the morning. Good news is...its very nice this time of year up there, bad news is...most of the roads are still wet and I just got done washing my car again for the third time this weekend. I ran out of time because it got dark on me and I couldnt read the road signs but unless everyone wants a dirty car tomorrow, looks like we could stay on the main roads thru the park. RT 77 was dry and has some nice areas to stop and take pics, etc. We can discuss it more in the morning...I'm beat.

Was nice seeing you at the track today Prasad, sorry you cant make it tomorrow.

JRS BLOWN SNAKE

Proud MACA Member
Established Member
Heh guys, the wife and I are definitely in for the cruise. If ya want, we can watch the game at my place. Everyone is welcome. Got a 55 inch big screen in living room, or can go out in the shop and watch it. Can order some pizza and wings and hang. We'll have the kids tomorrow so the bar is probably out for us. Either way is fine. My place is 15 minutes north of where the cruise will probably end, if it's similar to last weeks. See everyone in the morning.

Blk03SVTCobra

Established Member
Weather up here is lookin pretty darn good. Dry roads and sunshine, here in Emmitsburg, which is only about 15 miles from the State Farm Building.

I'll see you all at 10!! :thumbsup:

JRS BLOWN SNAKE

Proud MACA Member
Established Member
Hey guys and gals, thanks for a wonderful day. We all had a great time. The cruise through the mountains was very nice. The weather was spectacular.

We really enjoyed everyone's company. You are all welcome anytime.

Sorry some of you missed Johnny Lightning. His new truck sounded sick. We also never got a chance to race on the arcade game in the basement. Next time..

Dolemite

Established Member
Hey everybody, It was great seeing you all. My brother and I had a lot of fun. JR thanks for everything, you have a wonderful place and a terrific family. I'll look forward to seeing everyone next time.

apache

Established Member
Man these get togethers just keep getting better and better! I had a blast today, it was great to see everyone. JR, thanks for stepping up and leading the route and extending the invitation for us to join you and your family. You all were wonderful and your ranch was spectacular! Also, thx go to Shawn for selflessly videotaping us ripping up the street...hope we didn't piss anybody off?
and now for a few honorable mentions...
Dave, the car is awesome
Dwight, the metallics in your paint were stunning
Mystic Mama, too much to list :p
Troy, love the rims, can't wait to hook mine up the way you did
JR, that KB whine is the bomb man
Kenny, the exhaust is tight dude, can't wait for Shaun to post the clips posted:D

Proud Member of the Mid-Atlantic Cobra Association

Blk03SVTCobra

Established Member
Hey everyone,

Sorry I didn't post earlier, but our family goes a little nuts for Halloween, so we were busy until around 10 or so, then we started taking stuff down.

I want to personally thank J.R. for opening up his house to us and for being such a gracious host. You have an awesome house, awesome garage and, most importantly, awesome family. You're a lucky man!

I had a great time yesterday and I'm sure everyone else did as well. Thanks for taking up the reins and leading the cruise as well, J.R. We all got to see some awesome views in the Catoctins and I hope those of you who have pictures will post them soon. I plan to post what little video I have (including all the fly-bys that we did) and the few pictures I have tonight. Can't wait to see some of the pictures you guys got.

Again, I had a great time yesterday and I look forward to many more times to come! :thumbsup:

Keep your ears to the ground for a thread concerning our second organizational meeting at the U of MD this coming Sunday. I will try to get one up this evening that will include times and topics.

Thanks and talk to you all later :thumbsup:

Hissssnsvt

Proud MACA Member
Established Member
Once again, another awesome MACA get together. Big THANKS to JR and family for letting us hang out, pizza, etc. Look forward to seeing you all again soon...:beer:

IronTerp

Mid-Atlantic Cobra Assoc.
Agree with the above....really a great event. Had 10 Cobras winding around the Catoctin Mountains, finishing up at JR and Denise's awesome place! Have already talked to JR about a Gettysburg cruise/cookout in the spring......

BUNKY

S281SVT
Established Member
Cruise was awsome

Thanks again to everyone for letting me be a part of your group .
I have to also thank JR for letting us find a home away from home . Next time we buy . P.S. the KB was Sick and I love it .
Everyone has awsome cars and each one had something different to make it stand out .
I have pics but Sean you will have to post them at a smaller size what you think will fit . Also list everyones names on the pics . Also see how i can use one of my pics to have on mY Sig.
I can't wait to see the rest of the pics and Clips . I will put the video on my light bar next time and have everyone pass me getting into it :burnout: . Maybe now JR the cows and great danes won't come into your yard after hearing all of the noise.

Hope to see everyone's pics and see ya soon .
Damion aka Bunky :rockon:

Blk03SVTCobra

Established Member
Re: Cruise was awsome

Originally posted by BUNKY
I have pics but Sean you will have to post them at a smaller size what you think will fit. Also list everyones names on the pics. Also see how i can use one of my pics to have on my sig.

I can't wait to see the rest of the pics and clips. I will put the video on my light bar next time and have everyone pass me getting into it :burnout: Maybe now JR the cows and great danes won't come into your yard after hearing all of the noise.

Bunky - Just send the pictures to me via email and I'll size them properly to be posted here on the thread. As far as your sig/avatar pics are concerned, when you send me the pictures, just rename whatever one you want to be in your sig and whatever one you want to be in your avatar appropriately, and I'll send you back a copy that will fit in your avatar/sig properly.

I'll be posting my own pics and editing the video together as well so stay tuned. I hope to have everything done and up by early this evening... :thumbsup:

Blk03SVTCobra

Established Member
It's pics and videos time!! For the moment, you will have to do with just the pictures:

Click here for a slideshow of them all (Stop the slideshow on any slide and click the filename to be able to download)

Here are a few choice favorites:
JRSBLOWNSNAKEr.jpg

DSC01113r.jpg

DSC01096red.jpg

DCP_1073r.jpg

DCP_1068r.jpg

DCP_1066r.jpg

DCP_1071r.jpg

DSC01078red.jpg

DSC01095red.jpg

Video to follow soon :thumbsup:

2004svtcobra

Established Member
I had a great time yesterday. Thank you JR and Denise for inviting us to hang out at your home for the afternoon. I tried posting some pictures but I cannot do it correctly from cardomain.com. Oh well.. I suck

Troy

Last edited:

BUNKY

S281SVT
Established Member
vid's

Hope to see some vids. The pic's came out really well Sean .
all i want for Christmas is the Vid of JR's Blow BY lol.
Thanks for the help and maybe next time we'll do something at arundel mills ? Set up some cones in the parking lot for a show or something but someone would have to get there early to set up the cones. :shrug:.
Bunky

Blk03SVTCobra

Established Member
Video is processing now... It turned out nice... Actually salveged some OK footage, even though I taped barely anything...

I'll post the clip as soon as it's up on Dan's server... :thumbsup:

JRS BLOWN SNAKE

Proud MACA Member
Established Member
Sean,

Awesome job man!!! You definitely have the touch. I think I can speak on behalf of the rest of the club members that were there by saying, Thank you for your time and effort in these events.

We have a great group of people here. It feels like I have known many of you for a long time. Look forward to future events.

We can't wait to have more GTG at our place. Our home is your home!!

BUNKY

S281SVT
Established Member
NICE JOB

:bowdown: TO ALL WHO WERE IN OUR WAY LOL.
Sean that was awsome vids.
Allready ordered more stuff to put on after seeing all the cars .
I think apache "Ken" has a vid of JR's blow by if you are looking for it .
Anytime during the week or weekend anyone gets together let me know I will try to sneak out of work early .
:rockon: See everyone soon
Bunky

Users who are viewing this thread