MACA dyno day was a blast!

Rick@Amazon

SVT God
Established Member
Had a great time today with all you guys and gals. The club did a great job organizing the day. I hope everybody had a good time. Looking forward to our next gathering.

Rick :beer:

RedfireBeast

MACA Member #29
Established Member
Yes it was......Thanks for giving us all a great price on the dyno.....dinner was good too..

AmazonFocusSVT

Amazon Racing Focus Guru
Established Member
Yep, I had a great time at my first AR/ MACA event! Looking fwd to working the next one. I dont even mind the few blisters I got from swapping O2's!! They were well worth it!

I promise next time, I will have more than 155whp! :beer: Thankfully, I have Rick to help with that one :cough: SCT:cough:Jackson Racing Supercharger:cough:

Thanks again to everyone - what a blast!! It was great to put faces to names on here..

p.s. Lou, I have a vid of you on the dyno, let me know if you want it and I'll send you the mpeg.

Last edited:

TRBO VNM

definitely a great time and pleased with my numbers.

Rick/Linn, I left my backpack there with my laptop and stuff in it. I will call you to see about sending it to me.

need to update my sig now!

Jason

AmazonFocusSVT

Amazon Racing Focus Guru
Established Member
Here's a few pics I took....most of my stuff was video. Anyone want to host a few dyno videos?

268511_190_full.jpg

268511_191_full.jpg

268511_192_full.jpg

268511_193_full.jpg

got orange?

Blk03SVTCobra

Established Member
I had an awesome time... Thanks for being such generous hosts, Rick and Linn!! I think I'm going to have to go with a 2.8/6lb lower to one-up Jason... But it will be another 10-20 years before I am thinking about that kind of stuff, considering my financial situation at the moment. :nonono: :-D

Here are some pictures from my camera:

All the pictures in slideshow format

DCP_1101r.jpg

DCP_1102r.jpg

DCP_1103r.jpg

DCP_1104r.jpg

DCP_1105r.jpg

DCP_1106r.jpg

DCP_1107r.jpg

DCP_1108r.jpg

DCP_1112r.jpg

DCP_1114r.jpg

DCP_1116r.jpg

Video will follow later. Probably sometime Sunday. :rockon:

AmazonFocusSVT said:

LOL! We need to have a "decide the caption" contest for this picture... :-D

My suggestion: "You want me to do WHAT with this SCT??" :thumbsup:

IronTerp

Mid-Atlantic Cobra Assoc.
HUGE thank you to Rick, Linn, Derek, Russell and Amazon Racing for hosting today's AR/MACA dyno day!!!! Was another great MACA event attended by 21 awesome Cobras and featuring 10 dyno sessions.......The MACA put up some great numbers with 7 Cobras exceeding 450 rwhp and 2 topping the 500 rwtq barrier! (WUTWINE & LG2004Redfire).

A MACA member achieved a 9 rwhp improvement on a pre and post AR ported throttle body/plenum install!! And there was solid improvement in HP and TQ across the entire rpm range with this mod.

And the day was capped off with a spectacular demonstration of power by the baddest SVT Focus in all of Edgewood!!! And Russell, I think you actually peaked at 156rwhp on your second dyno run........Congrats to Hissssnsvt for for being the horsepower guru on this one and collecting the huge sum of $6 for his expertise!!!

Thanks again Amazon.........

Last edited:

Blk03SVTCobra

Established Member
IronTerp said:
Was another great MACA event attended by 21 awesome Cobras and featuring 10 dyno sessions.......The MACA put up some great numbers with 7 Cobras exceeding 450 rwhp and 2 topping the 500 rwtq barrier! (WUTWINE & LG2004Redfire).

Thanks again Amazon.........

I think everyone who dynoed should share their numbers :rockon:

Would be pretty darn impressive to see, I think!

IronTerp

Mid-Atlantic Cobra Assoc.
Good idea Sean.....I pulled a 467.6 peak rwhp, with 481.2 rwtq. Getting some belt slip which should be cured shortly with a new belt.......along with a 4 lb lower!. Tuned by Amazon Racing.

RedfireBeast

MACA Member #29
Established Member
Blk03SVTCobra said:
I think everyone who dynoed should share their numbers :rockon:

Would be pretty darn impressive to see, I think!

462.4 rwhp@5500 and 501.4 rwtq@3500

Hissssnsvt

Proud MACA Member
Established Member
Another Awesome MACA GTG...

Thanks to Amazon and all who were involved with organizing yesterdays Dyno Day. I had a great time and am very pleased with my newest mod, Amazon Racing Ported TB/Plenum. Thanks to Rick and Linn for a super deal! Throttle response is def. better and the car idles perfectly, roads were too wet to test it out on the SOTP meter. I'm at work and left my dyno sheets at home, but I'll post my #'s up later.

I must thank Todd for pulling my name out of the hat for the free tune. Very nice of Rick to offer this, should def. come in handy given the fact that my MAF is pegged now with my new mods, time to install my MJ MAFXtender.

Keep the great pics coming, love the ones with the THREE comp. orange cobras. Looking forward to seeing the videos. Well, I better get back to work, only 4 hrs to go :bored:

Ken

PS - JR, since when did you join a rock band, that new tour bus is pimp :coolman: LOL

Blk03SVTCobra

Established Member
Keep those numbers coming, fellas... Once I get everyone's numbers, I'll just put them all into 1 post so everyone can see them. :thumbsup:

Hissssnsvt said:
PS - JR, since when did you join a rock band, that new tour bus is pimp :coolman: LOL

:lol: :rockon: That story was pretty dang funny :-D

Bonefish

FKNGFST
Established Member
Excellent time with MACA/AR...THANKS TO RICK AND LINN for the time and expertise. THANKS to DWIGHT for the organizing! Awesome bunch of people and cobras!

I can't wait to start dropping all kinds of money into my 04..and then have AR tune it...maybe I will get on the next dyno tune day to see where I am.....since I have hopes of eventually seeing 600hp!! :banana:

Nice to put some more faces with some more forum names!

Antex

quantum entanglement
Established Member
It was an enjoyable time yesterday! Good meeting everyone & looking forward to our next gathering!

While I was watching the dyno numbers - I kept thinking what awesome numbers these monsters put out with just a cai, catback, pulley, & tune. Then when you add a port job & lower pulley - my only question is who is going to break into the 10's first?

BTW - Capitol will be opened this Friday nite for test & tune and Sunday for test & tune plus gamblers race. I'm going to try and make Friday if not Sunday. Anyone else?

Rick & Linn - I'll be calling soon to scheduling an appointment for early December - as the mods continue..

Thanks again for a well organized & fun time!

Matt

P.S. I had to leave a little early did we get any dyno numbers on JR's "tour bus"?

mmars

Meet me in the twisties!
Established Member
Yes! Thank you Rick and Linn. Yesterday was kick ass. Not a bad way to end the season for the cobra.

442rwhp, 475rwtq

--Matt

Users who are viewing this thread