MACA GTG at Bentz Street Sports Bar - Frederick, MD: March 12

Blk03SVTCobra

Established Member
Well ladies and gents, as a few of you saw in an earlier post, my Uncle recently opened a restaurant in old town Frederick called the "Bentz Street Sports Bar". I had the pleasure of hanging out with my uncle and aunt there last weekend from 7pm to 1am. It was an AWESOME time and I think that we could all have a great time enjoying a band, tons of TVs and a very fun atmosphere. I still have to find out the band that's playing that day, which I will soon, but it will be a good time, regardless. I'll try to get us the "VIP" booths (you'll see what I mean when we get there).

Meeting place: Bentz Street Sports Bar (click here for link)
Meeting time: 4:00PM
Cost: Whatever your food and beer costs :-D (I'll see about a discounted rate)
Plans: Have a great time enjoying some good food, some games, some pool, some TV, a band and the company of other MACA members :beer:
- Meet at the Holiday Cinemas at around 3:15PM for the cruise into Frederick
Band: To be announced

As of yet, those are the plans. We will have a GREAT time. I'll keep everyone up to date on the band. Let me know here if you are or are not interested in going. I'm going to have to issue a headcount to my uncle probably that Wednesday (March 9) so that he can set aside enough room for us.

Let me know folks :thumbsup: :beer: :rockon:

Current Attendees:
1) Hissssnsvt
2) Cobra330 (??)
3) Blk03SVTCobra
4) playwithmysnake +2
5) WUTWINE +2 (??)
6) Rick James
7) jbp99cobra (??)
8) skinsfan202 (??)
9) ta2d1 (??)
10) MYSTIC MAMA (??)
11) JRS BLOWN SNAKE (??)
12) Sonic2003Cobra (??)
13) Defyant (??)
14) gcassidy
15) RAWSN8K +1 (??)
16) WraithCobra (??)

Last edited:

Hissssnsvt

Proud MACA Member
Established Member
Sean, you know you can count me in for sure...

I have one suggestion, a friend of mine owns Holiday Cinemas which can be seen from I-15, very easy to find for folks coming from out of town not familiar with Frederick. Maybe we could all meet there, take a few pics, and cruise over to your uncle's place.

Bonefish

FKNGFST
Established Member
I am probably out on this one. I don't even get off work til 5:30..and it would be 7:30 before I could even get close to Frederick and the bar. I hope we can do this again...maybe in the spring so, I can be there..or maybe I will have to take off work the next time. Damn..I am missing everything lately!

Blk03SVTCobra

Established Member
Hissssnsvt said:
Sean, you know you can count me in for sure...

I have one suggestion, a friend of mine owns Holiday Cinemas which can be seen from I-15, very easy to find for folks coming from out of town not familiar with Frederick. Maybe we could all meet there, take a few pics, and cruise over to your uncle's place.

Sounds good to me, Kenny. I'll update the plan. I also added you to the attendee list, which I just posted. Should be a good time, fellas :beer:

Cobra330 said:
I am probably out on this one. I don't even get off work til 5:30..and it would be 7:30 before I could even get close to Frederick and the bar. I hope we can do this again...maybe in the spring so, I can be there..or maybe I will have to take off work the next time. Damn..I am missing everything lately!

Mike - That's cool man. If I'm goin to my uncle's place I probably won't leave until around 12am or so. So you could at least come hang out with me. I put you on the attendee list as tentative. But that reminds me....

Would more people be interested in seeing a band and making it a late night, or catchin a game or two on the TVs and just having dinner and a few brews?? Either is fine, but I'll probably be there well into the evening. Let me know fellas. :thumbsup:

Bonefish

FKNGFST
Established Member
Blk03SVTCobra said:
Sounds good to me, Kenny. I'll update the plan. I also added you to the attendee list, which I just posted. Should be a good time, fellas :beer:

Mike - That's cool man. If I'm goin to my uncle's place I probably won't leave until around 12am or so. So you could at least come hang out with me. I put you on the attendee list as tentative. But that reminds me....

Would more people be interested in seeing a band and making it a late night, or catchin a game or two on the TVs and just having dinner and a few brews?? Either is fine, but I'll probably be there well into the evening. Let me know fellas. :thumbsup:

Oh that reminds me...last time I did that with my 98 Cobra...I got pulled over..had to do the test blew a .10 with which was past the ,080 and had to park the car..and walk a mile home in 32 degree weather. I did get off but, I got 172.00 speeding ticket. Yeah..40 in a 25 I think..funny thing is I ended up getting out of that too.!!..so, my free pass with the law is over. Oh..no I am not a drunk..I think why I got it was one the cops in Frederick are jerks and two my exhaust was pretty loud for going through the area at 1AM..so, he heard before he saw me! So..I would be without the snake. We'll see...I would like to see everybody...sure can't wait til warmer weather!!!

TRBO VNM

put me down as tentative. I am pretty sure I can go, but need to make sure I didn't commit to something else at work or something. I know next saturday I am busy, but after that I don't know. I might drag Audrey and my brother along as well. I assume it isn't 21+ right?

Jason

Blk03SVTCobra

Established Member
Cobra330 said:
Oh that reminds me...last time I did that with my 98 Cobra...I got pulled over..had to do the test blew a .10 with which was past the ,080 and had to park the car..and walk a mile home in 32 degree weather.

Mike - I didn't mean to imply that everyone should get sloshed at the bar, just have a beer or two and hang out. Know what I mean? :beer:

I got you and Jason down as tentatives for now.

Jason - As far as the 21+ thing goes, I don't think we'll have a problem, but after 7, I think, they start checking IDs. But if you're already in the restaurant before then, it doesn't matter. I can talk to my uncle and check to see what's up.

Matt - Sorry you can't make it man. We'll catch you at the next one :beer:

RAWSN8K

Mid-Atlantic Cobra Assoc
Established Member
Hey guys/gals,
I won't be able to make it this time. I have been committed to helping my wife's friend move. Lucky me. On a side note, why is it that I always have to help people move but when it came time for me to move, those people were nowhere to be found.....hmmmmmm. Oh well. I will catch everyone at the next one.

RAWSN8K
(Todd)

TRBO VNM

RAWSN8K said:
Hey guys/gals,
I won't be able to make it this time. I have been committed to helping my wife's friend move. Lucky me. On a side note, why is it that I always have to help people move but when it came time for me to move, those people were nowhere to be found.....hmmmmmm. Oh well. I will catch everyone at the next one.

RAWSN8K
(Todd)

wanna help me? :banana:

lRageATMl

GO TERPS!
Established Member
i won't be able to make this one either...my buddy chris is getting married and the 12th is the nite of his bachelors party.

Bonefish

FKNGFST
Established Member
Blk03SVTCobra said:
Mike - I didn't mean to imply that everyone should get sloshed at the bar, just have a beer or two and hang out. Know what I mean? :beer:

I got you and Jason down as tentatives for now.

Sean...sorry I guess maybe I came across wrong..I never meant you implied that we should get sloshed. Sorry dude..did not mean to sound that way..I know that is basically just another fun MACA event. Very nice of Uncle to open up his place to us all!! That we'll save for OC Hot Rod Weekend...just kidding...Truthfully..it only takes me a couple and I am done....Your bringing this up just reminded of me of what was my fault last time... :beer:

Blk03SVTCobra

Established Member
Cobra330 said:
Sean...sorry I guess maybe I came across wrong..I never meant you implied that we should get sloshed. Sorry dude..did not mean to sound that way..I know that is basically just another fun MACA event. Very nice of Uncle to open up his place to us all!! That we'll save for OC Hot Rod Weekend...just kidding...Truthfully..it only takes me a couple and I am done....Your bringing this up just reminded of me of what was my fault last time... :beer:

No, no, no man. I wasn't taking offense or anything. I was just saying that basically "you don't have to go crazy". You know what I mean? It's all good man. :beer:

So who else is comin?? Dwight must not be because he stickied this thread and hasn't responded yet :-D

Rick James

Got Brimley???
Established Member
I hope to make it to this one, especially since it is 10 miles from my house. :banana:

Bonefish

FKNGFST
Established Member
Blk03SVTCobra said:
No, no, no man. I wasn't taking offense or anything. I was just saying that basically "you don't have to go crazy". You know what I mean? It's all good man. :beer:

So who else is comin?? Dwight must not be because he stickied this thread and hasn't responded yet :-D

Cool..I got ya! :beer:

IronTerp

Mid-Atlantic Cobra Assoc.
Blk03SVTCobra said:
I'm trying to find a way to sneak over there....I have a football recruiting function in the afternoon and don't know how long it's going to go..........

Blk03SVTCobra

Established Member
IronTerp said:
I'm trying to find a way to sneak over there....I have a football recruiting function in the afternoon and don't know how long it's going to go..........

Understood. Get some good new Terps and we'll call it even, Dwight :beer:

jbp99cobra

Fly fat ass, fly!!!
Established Member
Sean,

Put me down as a definite maybe. I have a buddy coming into town that weekend and since he is the guest, it will be up to him what we do.

Users who are viewing this thread