MACA/MIR Drag Day - May 8, 2005

IronTerp

Mid-Atlantic Cobra Assoc.
Well, may not be the optimal day with Mother's Day and all, but figure it may actually be a good time to hit the track for those of us that can make it. Realizing that MACA attendance may not be what it usually is for track events, still can have a real good GTG of drag racing and hanging out at WUTWINE's afterwords......

The details: Northerners (D.C. area and above) will meet at Hillandale Safeway at 8:30a.m. for the cruise to MIR. Can/will pick up Cobras on the trip south (locations TBD), and hopefuly arrive to MIR right at 10:00a.m. Get in some quality runs till 1:00 or so and for those that can, we'll then head over to Jason's for some kicking back and cookout. Realize that some may need to head home for Mother's Day after racing.

Jason's address: 26224 True Grit Court
Mechanicsville, MD 20659

Track fee is $30 and if we get enough signed up, we can get an area reserved for us to park in and can possibly get a couple of staging lanes of our own. Had 28 Cobras at the track event in November and the reserved area worked out great. We'll see how many MACAer's are planning to go to Jason's and will coordinate the food based on this later on.

Post on up if you're in and let's make this another great MACA event.....

MIR Drag Day Attendees
1) WUTWINE
2) IronTerp
3) ta2d1
4) ELECTPRR
5) RAWSN8K
6) 97_5.0_Cammer
7) lRageATMl (?)
8) jbp99cobra
9) 93cobra#3326
10) playwithmysnake
11) I-CAN-STANG
12) 03silvr10thvert
13) RedfireVenom
14) 04BlckCOBRA
15) Antex
16) G03SVT
17) Dreddstang

Last edited:

ta2d1

---->HI
Established Member
i'm only 15 minutes away so i can make it i should have my car back by then so if i do i might even take it down the track for the first time. question though if i do, would i need a helmet?

TRBO VNM

ta2d1 said:
i'm only 15 minutes away so i can make it i should have my car back by then so if i do i might even take it down the track for the first time. question though if i do, would i need a helmet?

depends, plan on running 13's? I assume you plan on better than that so yes you need a helmet. you can borrow mine if you want and you can even rent at the track.

ta2d1

---->HI
Established Member
cool, thats good to know, i'm sure the car plans to run better than 13's weather i can or not is another story.

ELECTPRR

Established Member
As it stands now, I'm think I can make it for the track + whatever!
Dwight, I installed my intercooler large tank about a week ago---seems to help.

RAWSN8K

Mid-Atlantic Cobra Assoc
Established Member
I'll be there since especially since I am also about 15 minutes away. I am going to try to get Mike, 97_5.0_Cammer, to join us too. He should run high 10's now. What a freakin' beast and a nut for a driver :rockon:

Todd

TRBO VNM

RAWSN8K said:
I'll be there since especially since I am also about 15 minutes away. I am going to try to get Mike, 97_5.0_Cammer, to join us too. He should run high 10's now. What a freakin' beast and a nut for a driver :rockon:

Todd

sweet...I really want to see that car run. he has the procharger right?

RAWSN8K

Mid-Atlantic Cobra Assoc
Established Member
WUTWINE said:
sweet...I really want to see that car run. he has the procharger right?

Yes, he has a D1SCPRocharger on it now as well as it being stroked to 5.0L, ported heads, ported intake, and SHM Stage 1 Cams. Last year, when it had just forged internals, still a 4.6L, and a P1SC, he was running 11.40's. That was with it falling on it's face in the top end. I think that he finally has all of the bugs worked out it is going to fly. We will see.

Todd

IronTerp

Mid-Atlantic Cobra Assoc.
ELECTPRR said:
As it stands now, I'm think I can make it for the track + whatever!
Dwight, I installed my intercooler large tank about a week ago---seems to help.
Paul, I want to see that set-up. Glad you can make it......It'll be a good cruise down too.

jbp99cobra

Fly fat ass, fly!!!
Established Member
Put me down as a maybe for racing, but a definite for hanging out. I am supposed to do a little racing the day before and I don't know if the ol' girl can take two days in a row.

93cobra#3326

i love boost!
Established Member
jbp99cobra said:
Put me down as a maybe for racing, but a definite for hanging out. I am supposed to do a little racing the day before and I don't know if the ol' girl can take two days in a row.

WHAT! sheeeeit i follow the mentality of if you just constantly beat it then it thinks thats how life is supposed to be soooo then its just stops complaining :dw:

i should most likely be able to make it and for the whole day. is there some where i could meet up with you guys cruising down?

John you wanna maybe meet up and go together?

TRBO VNM

93cobra#3326 said:
WHAT! sheeeeit i follow the mentality of if you just constantly beat it then it thinks thats how life is supposed to be soooo then its just stops complaining :dw:

thats my kinda thinking to. my 92 loved it and so far the 04 is following suit.

Users who are viewing this thread