MACA Private Track Rental @ MIR - Oct 21, 2011

GT500RedStripe

More Power!
Established Member
WE ARE BOOKED FOR 10/21!

Please post-up and let us know if you are attending the MACA private track rental at MIR on 10/21.

Here is the latest:

* 2 lanes prepped to 330'.
* We will run at our leisure from 9 AM to 3 PM.
* 2-3 scheduled runs after 3 PM.
* MIR will give 1 Tech Card to stay and enjoy the evening event to each paid car.

There will be 8-13 Pro Mods testing with us during the day. They don't take much track time and will be a blast to watch.

I think this is a good deal and a great value. They have rescheduled the other T/T groups for 10/28 so we will have less street cars. The fee will be $100 per car.

We can make this an event to remember! Who is in?

Here is the current list of MACA members on SVTP:

GT500RedStripe
04yellowcobra
stangbager1986
NickF1011
Red Poison
rizjan67
hook982
Kbrier
SPRAYED DAILY
z28th1s
Hoof_N_It06 GT
whipplecrusher
Phatty

Here are the maybe's:
PSUCOBRA96
deadernie
2bscrewed

Friends:
GT500RedStripe - MB SL65 Bi Turbo
GT500RedStripe - MB S65 Bi Turbo
GT500RedStripe - MB CLK65
GT500RedStripe - GT500 4.0
GT500RedStripe - GT500 upper/lower
GT500RedStripe - 1971 440 Challenger Vert
z28th1s - Built short block '11 GT
z28th1s - 04 Cobra
WiseGuy - Handful of Hemi cars and a couple of Cobras.
WhippleCrusher - 98 svt cobra
WhippleCrusher - 04 Z06

We also have some from MACA Facebook.

Please confirm if you are also one of the many listed on the MACA Facebook site.

I also need to know if you are bringing FRIENDS WITH CARS to get an accurate count.

Let's get the "MAYBE" guys committed to attend!

Ben

Last edited:

PSUCOBRA96

Established Member
I'm interested but cannot commit for a while if at all, my car is down and in the process of being repaired. So it depends if and when the cars is repaired and parts come in

Snakesvt04

SCREW THIS
Established Member
unfortunantly racing and track rentals isnt like it used to be for the MACA. few years ago we would have no problem getting 30+ cars. with a majority selling there cars incuding me ..seems like its hard getting a group. you would of counted me in if i still had my car

04yellowcobra

Established Member
Carlos ... no doubt about that at all man. In general I think society is trending away from racing in general. Which sucks for the enthusiast. But that is how things go. I will drag race my car for as long as I can, and when that runs out, I will get something else to race.

I mean if the Terminator vs GT-500 shootout is only pulling 30-40 cars which is a nationwide event, that is saying something as well.

Because of this is why I didn't try to organize another Termi shootout this year, I knew it wouldn't draw any cars.

NickF1011

Established Member
I might be able to do this. Just don't laugh at me when I do nothing but bog down or spin the tires. I haven't been to the track in 8+ years.
:lol:

04yellowcobra

Established Member
I might be able to do this. Just don't laugh at me when I do nothing but bog down or spin the tires. I haven't been to the track in 8+ years.
:lol:

I will also offer this up to anyone involved with MACA ... if you need suspension setup help and help with drag racing technique feel free to let me know. Especially if we have an 8 hour rental all to ourselves!

GT500RedStripe

More Power!
Established Member
MACA is still a great organization and we can prove it. We have 2 great events in October. Show your support by signing up! You can't find better fun for the money.

Red Poison

Over it
Established Member
I got $100 on it just for the love of MACA. Hate to see the club dwindle away. I'm not heavy into tracking my car but what the Hell... I'll make a pass or two (on bald Nittos).

NickF1011

Established Member
I will also offer this up to anyone involved with MACA ... if you need suspension setup help and help with drag racing technique feel free to let me know. Especially if we have an 8 hour rental all to ourselves!

That would be fantastic! Things have gotten all the more tricky with that grippy SPEC Stage 3+ in there now.

04yellowcobra

Established Member
One of the big things I have learned in the past year or two is less clutch means better ability to put the power to the ground. And that is with all the grip I can muster out of a 28x10.50 ET Drag slick. Just imagine what kind of clutch you would have to run if you were running street tires.

NickF1011

Established Member
One of the big things I have learned in the past year or two is less clutch means better ability to put the power to the ground. And that is with all the grip I can muster out of a 28x10.50 ET Drag slick. Just imagine what kind of clutch you would have to run if you were running street tires.

I do run street tires! :uh oh:

GT500RedStripe

More Power!
Established Member
I am taking my street setup to the track with the intention of dialing/tuning and figuring out how to improve my overall performance when I am not on the track. The time slip tells a great deal. I also hope to make a couple of passes on slicks.

Jason - Maybe you can offer some loaner/rental slicks for those who want to make a pass?

This will be fun!

rizjan67

Established Member
That's what I was waiting for thanks for posting Ben, I am in I won't miss this its gonna be fun,,,,so add me in the list.
I need suggestion about tires guys if anybody can help,,which set of tires should I use?
1: I have 295/45/r17 e.t streets M/T mounted on 17x10.5 svt wheels.
2: 26x11.50 lt17 e.t streets M/T (slick looking) mounted on 17x9 svt wheels.
3: Nittos 315/35/17 mounted on 17x10.5 deep dish wheels.
My car has spec stage 3,irs with bushings,subframe connectors,506/504.

deadernie

is my name
Established Member
Sounds like it could be fun. Never made a 1/4 pass before. And I don't think my mostly stock 98 would set any records. Would be interested to know some ETs though.

04yellowcobra

Established Member
Ben,

I will not have any slicks to borrow, last time out I did that for a friend who I wanted see make some passes (he got a flat on his slick on his first pass).

But willing to help with setup before the track day and then help with technique while at the track.

rizjan67,

My opinion I would start with option 2, then option 1, then option 3. Depending on the age and condition of each tire.

All,

The best thing about a rental is that you can make a pass anytime you want. Just roll up to the line and run. I was just at 75-80 last friday, got there at 6 left at 9:45 and got 2 passes. In that amount of time at a track rental you could make 15 passes if you want to hotlap the car. Great for figuring out suspension, launch RPM, etc. Even if we only do 1 lane I am down with that.

Lets get some drag racing going!!

GT500RedStripe

More Power!
Established Member
WE ARE OFFICIALLY BOOKED FOR MIR ON FRIDAY, 10/21 FOR A PRIVATE MACA TRACK RENTAL!

Let's test em', tune em, and have a great time!!

Ben

Last edited:

04yellowcobra

Established Member
Good news Ben! I would say if we can't get enough cars that we think about just doing the single lane. Let me know what you and Jason discussed.

Thanks

Users who are viewing this thread