MacBook at Best Buy

03 VENOM

Established Member
Have any of you guys bought a MacBook at Best Buy? The one I want is $70 off compared to Apple's website.

IronSnake

Beers for the boys
Established Member
Use a education discount off their website. Or buy a refurb straight from Apple. I wouldnt buy through best buy, one more hand in the pot to **** things up if you ever need warranty work done. The refurbs on their website are done by Apple and have apple care available. Saves a chunk of money.

hitnrun

Established Member
uh Best Buy is an authorized vendor for Apple. When they have sales on Apple products, Best Buy is taking the loss and hoping you will buy accessories and services. I know from first hand experience.

03 VENOM

Established Member
It comes with just a 1 year manufacturers warranty. I doubt I would have a problem in 1 year. I wouldn't buy the geek squad warranty either

Last edited:

RedRocketMike

A Member Well Known
Established Member
My GF bought that last week. She also got the Best Buy credit card which is 0% interest for 18 months and gives you 2% cash back on purchases. So knock 2% more off the price. I told her to pay it off in one payment in 18 months, with the way the Fed is printing money Best Buy going to lose on that sale.

Planter

Banned
word of advice, shop craigslist. Usually you will find someone who bought one that decided they didn't like it or whatever, and it's still only a month or two old, and comes with apple care warranty, for several hundred dollars off.

just ask to see the receipt to make sure it's not stolen, and if necessary meet at an apple store to transfer the apple care to your name and have the laptop checked out to make sure nothing is wrong with it. you can find some good deals if you use caution.

buying direct from Apple or Best Buy is a ripoff.

if you need to, you can make upgrades via

Performance Upgrades; FireWire USB SATA Storage; Memory, more at OWC

you'll save hundreds on memory, hard drives and other accessories.

ON D BIT

Finish First
Established Member
Have any of you guys bought a MacBook at Best Buy? The one I want is $70 off compared to Apple's website.

I dont buy any electronics at Best Buy. If anything goes wrong you are out of luck. A friend bought an expensive vacuum there, went home and it would not turn on. Best Buy would not take it back or exchange it without charging a 15% restocking fee. His choices were return it and lose money, or send it oversees and pay shipping on warranty cost and be without a vacuum for 2-4 weeks!
Girlfriend purchased a computer based on geek squad recommendation that it had everything she needed. She took it home and found out it was missing things she asked for. They would not take it back without the 15% restocking fee. They then had the balls to sell her at additional charge what they said the original computer already came with. I was pissed!

Bottom line if anything goes wrong with your best buy electronics your are :eek:! 15% restock fee on a 1099 mac would be $165 for the courtesy of buying through best buy. I buy elsewhere!

Last edited:

VirtualSVT

lolololololololololol
Established Member
amazon-bestbuy-numbered.png

TrevorR90

Banned
Bought a Macbook retina from Best Buy and purchased their warranty. I spilled water on the retina and took it to Best Buy and they replaced it with a brand new one from their shelf. If I would have bought the retina from Apple, then I would have a giant paper weight as Apple care does not cover accidental damage.

If you buy from Best Buy you still get the standard 1 year warranty from Apple but I like Best Buys extended warranty vs Apple care.

TrevorR90

Banned
I dont buy any electronics at Best Buy. If anything goes wrong you are out of luck. A friend bought an expensive vacuum there, went home and it would not turn on. Best Buy would not take it back or exchange it without charging a 15% restocking fee. His choices were return it and lose money, or send it oversees and pay shipping on warranty cost and be without a vacuum for 2-4 weeks!
Girlfriend purchased a computer based on geek squad recommendation that it had everything she needed. She took it home and found out it was missing things she asked for. They would not take it back without the 15% restocking fee. They then had the balls to sell her at additional charge what they said the original computer already came with. I was pissed!

Bottom line if anything goes wrong with your best buy electronics your are :eek:! 15% restock fee on a 1099 mac would be $165 for the courtesy of buying through best buy. I buy elsewhere!

I've returned many Items back to Best Buy, I've never been charged with a restocking fee ever..

A Suede Futon

Established Member
I'm typing on a macbook pricy from Best Buy. Got all of the warranties, but i've had no trouble with it. June will be three years i've had it

PSUCOBRA96

Established Member
pointless in buying from a mac store. My brother in law went in to have his cracked screen replaced. They wiped out his hard-dive and never told him they were going to do that. At least give him a chance to back it up. i have replaced screens before and never have I wiped a hard drive out.

JasonSnake

Established Member
Don't fear buying refurbished products from Apple store. I bought my late-2011 17" MBP online from the refurb section and it's worked flawlessly for a year so far.

Scratches or other blemishes? Not a single thing.

Smacked_in_ATL

Stock!
Established Member
Lots of inaccurate information in this thread.

No restocking fees....

Best Buy matches 19 different online retailers, including Amazon. So you have fun with the TV that comes in cracked ordering from Amazon.

Users who are viewing this thread