Mach 1 burnouts. 345's 2nd- 4th gear

04Mach1Blurr

1st GT500 M122 Eaton Mach
Established Member
awesome skid marks man!

Smitty are you talking about transfer rpm while engaging the clutch or holding the rpm when doing the burnout? The higher you start the easier it is to spin them. When im doing burnouts without the line lock, i let the clutch out around 4k rpm to easily spin them.

smitty2919

Established Member
I can get them to spin right away...but when I apply the brakes it immediatly boggs (again TC off). I haven't glanced at the rpm's but I was wondering what you guys are revving at while on the brake and spinning.

Are you fully on the brake? Or just at the threshold of keeping the car still?

smitty2919

Established Member
OK...the 6500 explains it...I don't think I'm reving even close to that lol.

If I don't get a burnout/brake stand right, I'm giving up my man card, selling the Mach and driving a Pruis all while wearing Jesus sandels...Lets hope it doesn't come to that.

04Mach1Blurr

Established Member
OK...the 6500 explains it...I don't think I'm reving even close to that lol.

If I don't get a burnout/brake stand right, I'm giving up my man card, selling the Mach and driving a Pruis all while wearing Jesus sandels...Lets hope it doesn't come to that.

putting the burnout on the pedestal man;-)

The more you practice the better it gets. when your car starts to bog, it may be that your rear brakes are applying more than you like. Let off, do a rolling burnout and then slow it down to where you can hold it. See if that helps change anything. If you want, practice on some tire shine in the rain and its easier than ... well, anytime trying to dry spin the wheels.

smitty2919

Established Member
All is well again. Tried last night in the rain and it did a slight bog/vibration. I wonder if there is slight wheel hop in the beginning. I'll have my wife film on a dry day to see if that's what it is.

I wasn't revving high enough and when I felt the vibration I would let off and stop. I gave it more gas last night and up came the smoke lol

Bmeagher

Seriously Northern
Established Member
All is well again. Tried last night in the rain and it did a slight bog/vibration. I wonder if there is slight wheel hop in the beginning. I'll have my wife film on a dry day to see if that's what it is.

I wasn't revving high enough and when I felt the vibration I would let off and stop. I gave it more gas last night and up came the smoke lol

Do you still have your stock rear control arms? I have Steeda's, no hop in the rear at all.

04Mach1Blurr

Established Member
Try 2nd gear if your hopping. I have an IRS and that's why i usually just start in 2nd gear burnouts, but I can easily do first, just higher rpm in 1st when starting the burnout.

04Mach1Blurr

Established Member
BTW, here is the left overs

2011-10-06_10-34-55_89.jpg

04Mach1Blurr

Established Member
No offense man, but those 345's look ridiculous. I hope you dropped down to a 315.

lol, none taken, they are crazy but they came on the wheels when i bought them. Loved the look, but after the burnout I replaced them with 315 Toyo Proxes R888s

Users who are viewing this thread