Mach 1 Cobra Swap - Missing Fuse

Tlayson23

Established Member
As i'm sure everyone knows by now with all the questions that i've asked, I just bought an '03 Mach 1 with a full 03/04 cobra motor swap including Eaton and factory heat exchanger. I was just going over everything today (fluid levels, fuses) and noticed that the fuse for the "Intercooler Pump" was missing.

I was just wondering if this should be ignored since its a motor swap and not a factory cobra, or if the wiring was routed another way without using this fuse. I know it's hard to say without seeing it, but is it best to just put a fuse there just to be safe?

Thanks guys

xXAzureMach1Xx

Established Member
Does the IC pump work??? if it works then its good to go. I dont know if the stock mach harness has a spot for a fuse for the IC pump. I didnt even look on my car. I just ran the wires my self for the pump.

Tlayson23

Established Member
Does the IC pump work??? if it works then its good to go. I dont know if the stock mach harness has a spot for a fuse for the IC pump. I didnt even look on my car. I just ran the wires my self for the pump.

I'm not sure how to check to see if it works. And yea there's a place for one, in the mach 1 owners manual it says "Intercooler Pump (Cobra Only). I'm just not sure if he wired it without using a fuse or if there's supposed to be one :shrug:

Ortiz99

Established Member
Just check to see if your coolant in your reservoir is moving. If its not then you have your answer.

04Mach1Blurr

1st GT500 M122 Eaton Mach
Established Member
I wired mine from the pump into the red wire in the large wire cluster that sits under the intake, and travels to the back of the engine bay. See if you can see coolant flowing, if not. you need to get that fixed.

xXAzureMach1Xx

Established Member
I'm not sure how to check to see if it works. And yea there's a place for one, in the mach 1 owners manual it says "Intercooler Pump (Cobra Only). I'm just not sure if he wired it without using a fuse or if there's supposed to be one :shrug:

just because theres a spot for the fuse doesnt mean that it is wired up from the harness. Im sure he ran a power wire to run the pump.

Tlayson23

Established Member
i just checked it a few hours ago and the coolant is bubbling when the car has ran for a couple minutes so it's working! thanks for all the help guys

Users who are viewing this thread